E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > [Upgrade] HID or LED blue angel eyes for e90 LCI 2010

08-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
wachupita
I <3 BMW
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: LCI E90

[Upgrade] HID or LED blue angel eyes for e90 LCI 2010

Hey guys, I started searching but got overwhelmed due to mosts being old and I assume products have changed and people now recommend other items than in the 2010 decade.

I wish to upgrade my Angel eyes on my 328 e90 LCI 2010 and thought about going with the color blue (car is alpine white with black matte front grill) and I strongly think that the blue AEs will give it a unique and cooler look. I am currently running some cheap LED AEs that I bought in 2012 but decided it is finally time to upgrade. I saw some 120W H8 LED blue AE bulbs on eBay for $35 a pair and will try them out (given they are so cheap).

Just wanted to see if anyone has gone with blue AEs and what they think about them etc.

PS: currently my fog lights are cheap white LED so I wish to also upgrade them to a better-LED bulb with more LED diodes for it to illuminate better.

Open for suggestions and discussion. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 07:34 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Just putting this out there, but Blue is illegal to use on the roads and you will likely get pulled over very quickly for this. If you are looking to change the angel eyes to a cool color then there are much better options out there. The vendor section of this forum is always recommended and the lights there are tested and proven by members of the community here.

If you are looking for a more unique color then i recommend looking at our LUX H8 V6 angel eyes as they are adjustable white color. They go from a natural white 5000K to well over 12,000k white which looks pretty much blue.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
crashoverride
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Blue is reserved for Police cars so they won't like you

It's interesting there is a whole list of colors and what vehicles can use them.

For example, green is reserved for just one vehicle and only ONE. Say there is a big tragedy like 9/11 only one vehicle the central command for all units will have a green light. So that responders as they arrive can seek out the green light to go get commands.
Appreciate 1