E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What regrets do you have?

03-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

What regrets do you have in life?

This thread was inspired by:
find a wallet, what would you do? and I found a wallet today.....part II....w/ poll.

What regrets do you have that you would like to forget? Are you better off remembering those regrets as a lesson learned?

I'll start.

Of my many regrets, one that comes to mind immediately is one I have never told anyone. It occured around 1976.

I was a teenager. Responsible. A little more mature for my age than maybe most kids, except I did drink on occassion. I smoked on occassion. I listened to hard rock music. I had very long hair. But I was an excellent student.

On to the regret.

In general I like cats. I don't remember why, but one that belonged to someone at home (my mother or a brother) must have really pissed me off somehow. What I do remember was what I did and the reason I have regrets.

What do you do with a cat you suddenly hate? Do you take it to the dog/cat pound? Do you give it away? Do you... what?

My immediate solution was to get rid of it.

I don't remember much about this cat. It had long gray fur. That I remember. Could this cat really be held responsible for whatever was it's action that caused me to act in absolutely the wrong way? I should be better than that. It was just a cat. Right?

With the empty bottles removed from a half case of beer I stuffed this cat into the box. I found some tape (don't remember whether it was duct tape or masking tape). I taped the box securely closed. With the box tied to the back of my motorcycle, I rode a couple miles to a vacant lot.

Why am I telling this story?

It is probably because I hope that telling it will help others to see that the small stuff does count.

A wallet with a little money in it taken when it could have been returned will cost you much more later in life than the remembrance the other guy has of his lost money. But he may remember the lost money, too.

I lost a wallet with $70 when I was a sophomore in high school. It was at a Fred Meyer store. I was shopping for a pair of pants. I tried on a couple pair, but didn't like either. I left without spending any money. Not long after, I discovered my wallet was missing. I was certain that the clerk found it and kept it. Fred Meyer lost and found never called me with any news. I haven't forgotten this.

Back to the cat...

In the vacant lot, I untied the box with the cat shut inside still securely taped closed. I had intended to take the tape off the box and let the cat go, but I had heard stories of dogs making their way home from hundreds of miles away. Surely a cat would find it's way home from two miles away.

Still enraged with this cat, I dropped the box in the middle of the vacant lot and rode away.

I hope that cat found a way out of the box. I hope it didn't die there. I hope it found a new home with people that would take care of it. I can picture in my mind this cat in the box stuggling to tear it's way out as it got hungrier and hungrier. Then it lay in it's own urine and feces after giving up, and dies a hungry death after some days.

Eventually, this box would be found and tossed into the trash. Maybe it would be opened and the finders would wonder at how cruel an act this was to perpetrate on a cat.

Right now, this doesn't make me feel at all better. But it is hopefully therapeutic telling it.

Last edited by scottwww; 03-28-2007 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Added "in life" to the thread title.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

sorry but your torturing of an innocent cat (which did NOT make it out of the box and DID die their because cats are better at finding their way back then dogs) does not really compare with taking 50 bucks from a wallet and returning the credit cards/ license ECT
      03-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Scottwww,

It takes alot of your courage to actually saying something like this here, whether your actions was real or not.

I am sure we have all regretted on the things we did in the pass. Especally when we were still young and cant thing straight.

I dont want to be harsh, but what you did you was really fu*cked up, you should of gave it to the humane society or leave it on someone's door step, but packing it in a box on a vacant lot and left it there. That is just cruel.

35% Formula 1 Ceramic Tints, //M E-Brake handle, //M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstbimmer View Post
Scottwww,
I dont want to be harsh, but what you did you was really fu*cked up, you should of gave it to the humane society or leave it on someone's door step, but packing it in a box on a vacant lot and left it there. That is just cruel.
Do you think I don't know that? That's why I remember it after 32 years.

Maybe it got out of the box, then didn't come home because it wasn't going to want to see what would happen to it next. Maybe it found a good home. They do have very sharp claws, and would likely have torn a hole in the cardboard box.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #6
tommydogsdad
On My Third Drop Top BMW!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Convertible

Scottwww- it took guts to tell that story.

It will also take 2 Ambien to get me to sleep tonight feeling sorry for that kitty....
      03-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
hell no dude, I won't admit a damn thing I did in my alcohol binge/ drug induced childhood. I was a good kid.
      03-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
tommydogsdad
United_States
Rep

I do regret not spending more time with my dad. He died 6 years ago this Thursday. I miss him.
      03-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #9
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I dont wanna talk about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
I do regret not spending more time with my dad. He died 6 years ago this Thursday. I miss him.
And I don't spend as much time with my daughter as I should. I wouldn't want her to grow up without some of the best memories she could have had. What would you have done differently if you could change it. Or what would you like for your dad to have done differently?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #11
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

scottwww i feel for you man..... we all have regrets in life. we're all young once and we all do stupid shit.... i'm sure your situation and my situation aren't the worst things that people have done........... cheer up man

anyways as far as regrets go hmm lemme think

- i cheated with my good friend's girl one time...... she lives down the street from me, and used to always see me driving by, so one time she seduced me, saying she wanted to have a threesome.... she insisted she would never tell, etc. etc. of course it all turned out to be BS, 6 months later she squealed. me and my friend are still friends, but it hasnt been the same since then. i'll never forget that and i'll NEVER EVER put a hoe before a bro ever again.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

yeah lots of regrets in my life as well...but that's what you live and learn from....
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #13
tommydogsdad
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
And I don't spend as much time with my daughter as I should. I wouldn't want her to grow up without some of the best memories she could have had. What would you have done differently if you could change it. Or what would you like for your dad to have done differently?
He was a great thinker. Very open-minded and articulate. Also a great leader. He had many friends. I was at that age where hanging with your folks wasn't cool. I wish I would have gotten over that and realized he was a cool guy!
      03-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #14
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

03-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

That was deep.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #16
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

yo teknochild have a heart wtf are you posting up? I think everyone is right you need to stop posting negative feedback. One word for u...KARMA!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
NaTuReB0Y