E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > prelci headlight modification, can I use lci turn signal? Also, painting help?!

04-03-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
Olo7109
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW328xi

prelci headlight modification, can I use lci turn signal? Also, painting help?!

hello all,

I've gone through search after google, after search and have yet to see anyone use the LCI turn signal module in the pre lci headlight housing. I'm looking to find out if this can be done? is there a specific bracket that holds the module in place or can I fix the piece to the housing? I'd love to try it out, but cannot find anything about it. thanks for any info if any exists!

ALSO, I see so many modified headlights with painted projector caps with colors and that's fantastic, they all look great once they're freshly done, but my question is....how does that paint hold up over time? Does anyone have problems with the bulbs' heat causing the paint to boil or peel?

btw, I have the bi-xenon adaptive headlight on pre-lci e90 sedan.

thanks!
Attached Images

04-16-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
turbohugh
ASCMA General
Rep
Drives: E90-N54 <>E36 328Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olo7109 View Post
hello all,

I've gone through search after google, after search and have yet to see anyone use the LCI turn signal module in the pre lci headlight housing. I'm looking to find out if this can be done? is there a specific bracket that holds the module in place or can I fix the piece to the housing? I'd love to try it out, but cannot find anything about it. thanks for any info if any exists!

ALSO, I see so many modified headlights with painted projector caps with colors and that's fantastic, they all look great once they're freshly done, but my question is....how does that paint hold up over time? Does anyone have problems with the bulbs' heat causing the paint to boil or peel?

btw, I have the bi-xenon adaptive headlight on pre-lci e90 sedan.

thanks!
Hey man , Im in a similar situation . I have a spare set of bi-xenon non-adaptives that I was going to experiment with. I think that lci corners will look nice. will follow this space.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #3
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

The LCI adaptive internal shroud has an outboard trim piece that the turn signal assy attaches to. The backof the turn signal assy also screws (3X) to the headlight housing. The trim piece I mentioned at first has the many holes in it that the individual turn signal lights poke in through. You would have to try to adapt this trim piece. I would buy a junk LCI adaptive housing to get one as well as learn how it's all put together. I'll find a picture of this trim piece and post it.

Last edited by BB_cuda; 04-21-2021 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0