E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Downpipes Installed

04-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Frzilla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Downpipes Installed

Had a set of BMS downpipes installed on my E92 by Daniel Ross or Dr. Euro. First impression I when started it was that it wasn't much louder than stock I did notice a slight difference on the exhaust note. (Deeper throaty sound) I did notice a huge difference on the turbo spool sound and it really spools up quicker. Daniel also modified the CDV now that was probably one of the best things I've done so far. The shifting is so much smoother no more jerkiness. I felt like a noob while driving with the stock CDV. I would defeniteltly recommend doing the CDV mod if you have a 6spd.

I had been looking for someone to install the DPs and came across the good reviews for Daniel. Since he was local here in SoCal I gave him a call and all I can say is that he is a really cool knowledgeable guy when it comes to our platform. He genuinely likes to work on cars and he told me it was therapeutic for him. He was able to fit me in the very next day. It took him about 1 1/2 hours to install DPs and modify the CDV. As far as pricing he was cheaper than anybody else that I got a quote from. I will be using Daniel for any future installs or maintanance. SoCal guys Pm me if you need his info.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froyzilla View Post
Had a set of BMS downpipes installed on my E92 by Daniel Ross or Dr. Euro. First impression I when started it was that it wasn't much louder than stock I did notice a slight difference on the exhaust note. (Deeper throaty sound) I did notice a huge difference on the turbo spool sound and it really spools up quicker. Daniel also modified the CDV now that was probably one of the best things I've done so far. The shifting is so much smoother no more jerkiness. I felt like a noob while driving with the stock CDV. I would defeniteltly recommend doing the CDV mod if you have a 6spd.

I had been looking for someone to install the DPs and came across the good reviews for Daniel. Since he was local here in SoCal I gave him a call and all I can say is that he is a really cool knowledgeable guy when it comes to our platform. He genuinely likes to work on cars and he told me it was therapeutic for him. He was able to fit me in the very next day. It took him about 1 1/2 hours to install DPs and modify the CDV. As far as pricing he was cheaper than anybody else that I got a quote from. I will be using Daniel for any future installs or maintanance. SoCal guys Pm me if you need his info.
Please elaborate some more on the CDV modification. I have a 6spd manual and am interested.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

I've been thinking about doing the CDV mod... Does the clutch feel the same afterward or is it looser? If it only affects the smoothness of the actual shift and not the feel of the clutch, I might go ahead with it
      04-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Frzilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335-EYE View Post
Please elaborate some more on the CDV modification. I have a 6spd manual and am interested.

thanks
Shifting from 1st-2nd is so much smoother. Shifting In general is much easier. The jerkiness is also gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
Frzilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
I've been thinking about doing the CDV mod... Does the clutch feel the same afterward or is it looser? If it only affects the smoothness of the actual shift and not the feel of the clutch, I might go ahead with it
The clutch pedal is a little softer. Since the CDV isn't pushing all the fluid through a small restrictive hole anymore. Definitely worth it though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froyzilla View Post
The clutch pedal is a little softer. Since the CDV isn't pushing all the fluid through a small restrictive hole anymore. Definitely worth it though.
that's what i've been hearing. I might just go ahead and do it if it's not a hassle
      04-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

The CDV has been on BMW's for years now.
Remove the restriction and get more positive clutch engagement.
The CDV is use to delay clutch engagement or give a larger spot in pedal travel for clutch engagement.

If you can drive a stick, get rid of it.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
Frzilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
The CDV has been on BMW's for years now.
Remove the restriction and get more positive clutch engagement.
The CDV is use to delay clutch engagement or give a larger spot in pedal travel for clutch engagement.

If you can drive a stick, get rid of it.
Well said!
Appreciate 0