E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > next step?

04-22-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

next step?

Hey guys ...
i am stuck .. and don't know what to do to squeeze the juice out of this 335...
anybody have any ideas on what should i do next??
here are my current list and thought on why i do them ...

ECU:
I have Vishnu proceed .. and its fine tuned by Rob himself .. for more then 5 revisions ... ( this ... i dont know why ppl complain about Vishnu ... they reply their email mostly in 1 days ... some times 3 days ... but they always reply .. )

Now i am using Cobb Tuning .. i just want to know how they perform ... people on this board seems really happy about it ... actully ... their map doesnt produce power at all ... kinda disapointed ..
until ... i met PFT ... Dzeno .. you are great ... now at 4th revision ... i have not try the 4th revision yet ... ( huge recommendation if you are using cobb )
i will post their dyno comparison when i got the mood to go to dyno...

Down pipe:
I bought 4" AR design ... because they are the 1st one to produce DP ...
now i am using 3.5" downpipe by Vishnu ...
The 3.5" DP gives me slightly fatter graph on the middle body of the dyno .. and similar end ...
should i try the 4" again ?? i might if i got my turbo upgrade ..

Meth:
I am currently on Aquamist , they are simple and easy ...
I have vishnu MEth kit ... but , unfortunately ... none of the 3 engineers in Indonesia are able to set them up properly ... so it is sitting there ...

FMIC by Helix

Intake By Afe Stage 2

Exhaust : stainless steel Akrapovic .. any recommendations for power or louder sound?? this mod doesn't gives rougly 15 crank hp ... so .. i dont think u will feel anything ...

Grill air scoop ? i got this from my friend over at Sonic MS ... I dont know the brand ... if i am not mistaken .. its RAM ? this thing helps ? does not show anything on the dyno ...

Break : Brembo GT 6port and 4 port ..

Wheels: Volk racing G25 formula silver/black clear 19 x 8.5 et 36 + 19 x 10.5 et 35 ... the rear is 10.5 because i did a natural widebody ... so it will fit ... 10" is max for our 335i ... this is because i never able to do 0-60 anymore ... no tractions... maybe my tires?

Coil over by KW V3

Turbo ... The big part... i sent my turbo to Vargas ... i hope they can send it back to me ASAP .. cant wait for this one ...

Oil : i am using HKS Oil ... so my needle is always showing 110 celc ... instead of our normal 120 celc ... do i need a oil cooler ? what happen if the oil is too low ?? should i buy oil cooler ?? please advice me on this ...

exterior ... love it or hate it ... you can take a look at
http://speedarchitech.com/the-real-d...eude-am-fahren
all i care is the performance ... be nice

do i miss anything ??? any ideas on what is the next step ??

is there any metal Diverter Valve available ??

how about LSD ?? any body has first hand experience on the LSD ?? are they worth it for drag ? or its only good for track ??

and ... lastly ... we do not have suply of E85 ... are they the same like VP ?? we can get VP here...

I hope some ppl could advice me on what should i do next...
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
SUPAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 n55 335 2011 dct

Ar dp change n get a dyno.

Arb ?

M3 stability mods?
Cf trunk n cf hood?
LSD? Upgraded turbo?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
Knobi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Garage List
I can't see your signature since i'm using the mobile app but it seems you drive a N54? If so, you might wanna post this in the N54 section for better feedback. Though mods are very similar, you have more potential and a couple more things you can do to your car compared to us frustrated N55 people
      04-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Weight reduction, lighter components, thicker intercooler core, more aggressive gas and tune, the meth once dialed in, intake, dv chargepipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
It is pretty obvious that he is N55 by the downpipe choices. He has his turbo off to Vargas for an upgrade, so that is about the only thing he has left to do unless he wants to go custom.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
It is pretty obvious that he is N55 by the downpipe choices. He has his turbo off to Vargas for an upgrade, so that is about the only thing he has left to do unless he wants to go custom.
yeah thought it was obvious it was an n55 but anyway.. he could do a few more things , like someone above mentioned. weight reduction , more aggressive gas, bigger core for fmic a 7" one would be good. I have to ask what are you using the car for lol
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPAN View Post
Ar dp change n get a dyno.

Arb ?

M3 stability mods?
Cf trunk n cf hood?
LSD? Upgraded turbo?
What is arb?

There is m3 stability mode? I will Google that...
I got cf hood... No trunk..
Lsd... Any recommendations?
Yeah... Waiting for vargas to send me one
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewe92 View Post
yeah thought it was obvious it was an n55 but anyway.. he could do a few more things , like someone above mentioned. weight reduction , more aggressive gas, bigger core for fmic a 7" one would be good. I have to ask what are you using the car for lol
Yes it's n55.. forgot to mention it... Hahaha
Thx

Highway battle and drag race mostly... Saying hi to the m3s?

Last edited by StatiX; 04-22-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo335xi View Post
Weight reduction, lighter components, thicker intercooler core, more aggressive gas and tune, the meth once dialed in, intake, dv chargepipe.
Hey...
What fmic should I try beside the Helix? Thicker? They have new ones now? I will check around..
Gas... Yeah... Vp and 101 Octane pertamina racing gas... 1/2 1/2 or 1/2 tank of race gas...

Do we have any dv upgrade? I could not find any...

Tuned by pft
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
My friend tell me to do external wastegate... What does that do?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
SRT14PimPin07
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: X5

Even though it's not the style that most people here like. I still think your car looks great cuz of all the work you've put into it! You spent a lot of money on this car and customized everything. But to be honest, other than the turbo upgrade, "which you are already doing" IDK what else can be done to these engines....Hopefully the bigger turbo will satisfy your needs......
Also since you have so many mods....an LSD would be nice. But you've done pretty much everything!
      04-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT14PimPin07 View Post
Even though it's not the style that most people here like. I still think your car looks great cuz of all the work you've put into it! You spent a lot of money on this car and customized everything. But to be honest, other than the turbo upgrade, "which you are already doing" IDK what else can be done to these engines....Hopefully the bigger turbo will satisfy your needs......
Also since you have so many mods....an LSD would be nice. But you've done pretty much everything!
Hey thanks...
Lsd is next in line... But which Lsd should I get? Do they help for drag races?
I hope vargas turbo will satisfy me... My friends supra was once modded to 500whp... Take him 3 weeks to change his mod to 800 whp.... Nobody will ever feel satisfied I guess..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #13
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Besides upgrading the turbo and getting a thicker core, perhaps 7 inches, I'd say a lightweight rim/tire combo, sticky tires, powershift/no lift shift tune, shorter gearing for drag racing.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #14
Bme30
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
a 7inch core will give you minimal power gains at the best. not worth the extra cost in my opinion. There are plenty of other things you car do with the money
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:38 AM   #15
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo335xi View Post
Besides upgrading the turbo and getting a thicker core, perhaps 7 inches, I'd say a lightweight rim/tire combo, sticky tires, powershift/no lift shift tune, shorter gearing for drag racing.
Well.... I did switch to rays... 1 pcs... And michellin tires... Still having problem launching from 0....

The fmic that vishnu sells as a package is 7" right? Even that barely enuff space... It said I need to trim some stuff.. But good thing that I change bumper so I don't have to trim anything...

Shorter gearing as in short shifter? It's dsg... Or is there a gear mod that I am not aware of?
No lift shift? How do u do that?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:39 AM   #16
StatiX
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30 View Post
a 7inch core will give you minimal power gains at the best. not worth the extra cost in my opinion. There are plenty of other things you car do with the money
+1
Appreciate 0