E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Menzerna questions..

09-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
jeffvb9
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW x4m comp

Menzerna questions..

So I have currently SIP, 106FF, and PO85RD in my lineup with some Zaino products as well.

I had attempted full correction last Dec with decent results considering what I went through. Here is the thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328243

Was using SIP on orange LC pad and didnt really get to where I wanted to be and also didnt get to the 2nd (106FF) and 3rd steps (PO85RD) because it was my first time and didnt realize how much work this really was. Is there something that I can use to get the deeper scratches out or just multiple passes with SIP?

I am ready to give it another go and was wondering about power finish. If I can get the same results I have seen from the triple threat above that would be great.

So how is power finish used in combination with other Menzerna products? Was is the cutting ability of the green pad too? I currently own orange, yellow, blue, and black LC pads to use with my Flex.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
joed1
ED RN
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe/2011 X3

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...hire-metallic/

I followed this and had great results.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Power Finish is going to give you no more cut than SIP, it may just finish down a little bit better. If SIP wasn't cutting enough for you, your options are to give it more passes, use a faster speed, use more pressure, use a more aggressive pad, or move up to a more aggressive polish. If you wanted to step up to something more aggressive, consider Meguiar's M105 polish. It's got a lot more cut (but less work time) and it finishes down pretty nicely.

I'd use the M105 with the orange pads if you already have them, if you are buying new pads, I've also had great luck w/ M105 on Cyan HydroTech Pads.

Here's a great read on how to use M105 along with pad selection w/ M105.

Good luck this time around.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
jeffvb9
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Power Finish is going to give you no more cut than SIP, it may just finish down a little bit better. If SIP wasn't cutting enough for you, your options are to give it more passes, use a faster speed, use more pressure, use a more aggressive pad, or move up to a more aggressive polish. If you wanted to step up to something more aggressive, consider Meguiar's M105 polish. It's got a lot more cut (but less work time) and it finishes down pretty nicely.

I'd use the M105 with the orange pads if you already have them, if you are buying new pads, I've also had great luck w/ M105 on Cyan HydroTech Pads.

Here's a great read on how to use M105 along with pad selection w/ M105.

Good luck this time around.
Thanks!

So provided I got with M105 to correct would you just finish up with at least 106FF and possibly then PO85RD?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
jeffvb9
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed1 View Post
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...hire-metallic/

I followed this and had great results.
Thanks for this...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvb9 View Post
Thanks!

So provided I got with M105 to correct would you just finish up with at least 106FF and possibly then PO85RD?
Yep that should be a good combo. If you have Power Finish, that's a common one to follow up M105 then with PO85RD. 106FF may not get rid of all of the marring that an aggressive combo of M105 might leave behind. All depends on the paint really...

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

hey dude, here is an article that I put together on what I use

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...sh-pad-combos/

typically you want to start with orange and SIP in your situation and see where that gets you. You stated that it didnt work out, so your options are to try it again while the paint is a little warm (softens the paint a bit) or jump up to 105 on orange! I absolutely hate the yellow pads as they leave tons of marring that can be a pain to remove!

I would go orange and 105, then white and powerfinish, then black and 85rd or 106
Appreciate 0