E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E90 N55 335i Failing Arizona Emissions

10-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
amorello
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Lightbulb E90 N55 335i Failing Arizona Emissions

Alright guys, I have been going back and forth with emissions center. I don't think I've been lucky with emissions employees either. I've been been sent to the waiver center and they tell me you need your cat monitors on for us to move on (which is the only problem obviously).
Car moved from Florida to Arizona recently, I have FBO and MHD/xHP N55 E90.
Since I do NOT have cats in my downpipes, and DME not showing it as ready...how can I pass?
I've done the map0 with checking the oem pipes but gel CEL pretty quick.
I've been searching all over the forum and internet for answers, and there does not seem to be a DPFix for N55.

Any help appreciated, I'm in the Greater Phoenix area in AZ.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 02:58 AM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorello View Post
Alright guys, I have been going back and forth with emissions center. I don't think I've been lucky with emissions employees either. I've been been sent to the waiver center and they tell me you need your cat monitors on for us to move on (which is the only problem obviously).
Car moved from Florida to Arizona recently, I have FBO and MHD/xHP N55 E90.
Since I do NOT have cats in my downpipes, and DME not showing it as ready...how can I pass?
I've done the map0 with checking the oem pipes but gel CEL pretty quick.
I've been searching all over the forum and internet for answers, and there does not seem to be a DPFix for N55.

Any help appreciated, I'm in the Greater Phoenix area in AZ.
You have the sniffer in Phoenix too? When I was back in Tucson, that thing was sensitive AF. You could fail pretty quick for just an O2 sensor having a bad day.

Could you just bolt on secondaries temporarily to pass? Or are they going full visual now for cats in the manifold?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

There are indeed DPFixes for the N55.

IMHO the best is the area 74 version which does not require a pot for adjustment and instead uses a PLL enhancement of the signal pulses.

This will make the car sensors go ready which is what they are looking for.

The DPFix can be hooked up with a switch to disable it when you don't need it and so it does not draw power.

The other brand of DPFixes have a small pot (potentiometer) the you have to fiddle with to bring the signal within specs.

The A7 is an enclosed box with an LED that shows it is working.

Short of a DPFix you will need new cats.
Appreciate 0