E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > black muck on wheels

03-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
witeagle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW Z4 2.8i * 10 BMW X3

black muck on wheels

I cleaned up my car today after we finally got a break in the weather and after getting the brake dust off the wheels, there appears to be round dots and some lines of tar. Bug and tar remover did nothing!

Any suggestions to get this cleaned off would be helpful!
      03-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW's/Flex Polishers

CarPro Trix.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW's/Flex Polishers

Here is a very good review on CarPro Trix. This should take care of your problem.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...rpro-trix.html
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
witeagle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW Z4 2.8i * 10 BMW X3

Thanks - just ordered Trix from AutoGeek!
      03-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
CarPro Trix.
Checked out the link to that thread. Is this like Sonax? The OP is probably referring to baked on brake dust and etc. My car is full of it and using Sonax (which appears to work the same exact way) does nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

You could also get some IronX paste. It will not take out brake dust embedded in the clear coat which I just found out yesterday, but it seems what you are describing IronX pasted should work awesome.
      03-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

I've been using CarPro Trix for the past year and there are not too dirty wheels that it can't handle. You might have to do more than one application. Dwell time and agitation with a quality wheel brush is a must. The smell can be a bit overwhelming for some. It doesn't bother me anymore. I guess I got use to it . What I like about this product is that I could use it on paint prior to surface decontamination. Trix will strip your LSP as well as getting rid of iron deposits and tar. Trix will make claying faster and easier.

When all else fails.....I break out the Meg D140 wheel brightener (just as long the wheels are not aluminum or anodized).

Do yourself a favor and put on several coats of a good wax that has a high temp tolerance (or a coating such as Opti-coat) once the wheels are clean. This will make cleaning so much easier in the future.