E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Precision Raceworks fuel pump upgrade

01-11-2017, 07:40 AM   #23
1hunglow
Private
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Zing View Post
That's what I figure, just odd to see the claims that far apart. Unless I am reading them wrong. Maybe Precision means to say Stage 3+ flows 170% more than Stage 2+?

Either way it also just kind of looks like you have to decide if the extra $180 Fuel It gets for their Stage 3 is worth it to have it essentially delivered to you assembled and flow tested / verified.
Just a FYI PR does offer to put them together for you. He charges an extra $50 and you need to send him your pump. Turn around time is usually a day once he receives it till it's being shipped back to you.
So you can pay the ship to him, for what $15-$20 dollar and pay for it to be send back for another $15 or $20.

So if that is what you chose add $80 or $90 to the cost total and 2-3 day to get it there and 2-3 day to get it back. Sound like too much down time for me. Just my opinion but car being down for 1 week to save small cost just don't add up in my brain
      01-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #24
b1mmr
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hunglow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Zing View Post
That's what I figure, just odd to see the claims that far apart. Unless I am reading them wrong. Maybe Precision means to say Stage 3+ flows 170% more than Stage 2+?

Either way it also just kind of looks like you have to decide if the extra $180 Fuel It gets for their Stage 3 is worth it to have it essentially delivered to you assembled and flow tested / verified.
Just a FYI PR does offer to put them together for you. He charges an extra $50 and you need to send him your pump. Turn around time is usually a day once he receives it till it's being shipped back to you.
So you can pay the ship to him, for what $15-$20 dollar and pay for it to be send back for another $15 or $20.

So if that is what you chose add $80 or $90 to the cost total and 2-3 day to get it there and 2-3 day to get it back. Sound like too much down time for me. Just my opinion but car being down for 1 week to save small cost just don't add up in my brain
You're DD may be someone else's project car. Food for thought.
      01-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #25
bigdaddyaaron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Since no one here has actually installed it: I've installed the stage 2 and it's currently on my car supporting around 500whp.
In short, get the pump, it's great.

he says the assembly will take 20-30 mins, it won't. Expect an hour or 2. Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about it. I was having some trouble and he walked me through some trouble shooting, which ended up being my fault. This was at 11pm btw lol. Really nice guy. I'm definitely buying the stg 3 upgrade as well as the module once I get pi.

Buy it!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #26
bigdaddyaaron
Private First Class
Rep

Side note: I don't understand the resistance to fuel-it's bucketless setup. I think people aren't really sure of the buckets functionality. As long as the filter/mat is submerged, there will be no fuel starvation. So either don't run your tank super low(what you shouldn't be doing anyways), or get the fuel mat.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #27
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
Side note: I don't understand the resistance to fuel-it's bucketless setup. I think people aren't really sure of the buckets functionality. As long as the filter/mat is submerged, there will be no fuel starvation. So either don't run your tank super low(what you shouldn't be doing anyways), or get the fuel mat.
There's more to it than that like keeping the pump cooled, a bucket setup keeps it submerged for its entire lifetime even if you only have a gallon or two in the tank. There's so many reasons manufactures use bucket setups. But I'm going to stop criticizing and questioning it. People can make up their own minds about things. It's not my place to judge, and the setup may surprise me. In many ways it already has, but there you go. I'm not going to be posting about it anymore.

What happened to the fuel it post anyway? Did E90 delete it or something?
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #28
bigdaddyaaron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait View Post
There's more to it than that like keeping the pump cooled, a bucket setup keeps it submerged for its entire lifetime even if you only have a gallon or two in the tank. There's so many reasons manufactures use bucket setups. But I'm going to stop criticizing and questioning it. People can make up their own minds about things. It's not my place to judge, and the setup may surprise me. In many ways it already has, but there you go. I'm not going to be posting about it anymore.

I understand that too. But as far as cooling: even at 1/4 tank, the bucket is fully submerged. I'm not sure how the bucket-less pump sits in the tank, but it's probably lower than what it was with the bucket. You're right though, the bucketless system will not be able to siphon as much fuel as a bucket with venturi will; that's only a drawback for people who run their tank to the jagged edge (again, bad habit anyways lol). At the end of the day though, hypothetically, I'd go with whatever option is cheaper lol
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #29
bigdaddyaaron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I think a good test to find the relative limits of the bucketless design is to run the car until it shuts off from starvation with both bucketless and bucketed designs and measure how much gasoline is left in the tank.

And don't be afraid to criticize. Criticism keeps people honest and further clarifies a product or idea. I was initially skeptical of the bucketless design as well until I thought about it a bit. You're not being negative, just skeptical; which is how everyone should be when they are presented with a new idea. Just running with what you are told is a bad type of ignorance that can lead to shitty outcomes *cough* Dinan prices *cough*.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #30
b1mmr
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI E90

Quote:
Quote:

I think a good test to find the relative limits of the bucketless design is to run the car until it shuts off from starvation with both bucketless and bucketed designs and measure how much gasoline is left in the tank.

And don't be afraid to criticize. Criticism keeps people honest and further clarifies a product or idea. I was initially skeptical of the bucketless design as well until I thought about it a bit. You're not being negative, just skeptical; which is how everyone should be when they are presented with a new idea. Just running with what you are told is a bad type of ignorance that can lead to shitty outcomes *cough* Dinan prices *cough*.
Agreed man.. if you aren't questioning things, you're most likely a sheeple.

A sheeple with a fat wallet.
      01-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #31
MM Performance
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Cp TiAg 6AT

Quote:
Quote:

I think steve's posts get deleted because he is not a paying vendor so he can't post about products without paying the marketing fee
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #32
Rhynoboiler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

I'm sure this will be viewed as a rookie question, but I can't seem to find reference to it on any forum.

Basically what I'm after is this: is there an increased risk of a catastrophe causing spark inside the gas tank by installing an aftermarket LPFP?

My concern with any aftermarket LPFP (but specifically the PR kit since this is the one I have) is cutting the wires to fit the stock wiring connector on. Assuming worst case scenario, what would happen if the crimps came off? The idea of live wires drifting near each other inside the gas tank is terrifying to me.
Appreciate 0