E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Phone numbers issue after fitting cic.

09-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Robin330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport

Phone numbers issue after fitting cic.

I recently retro fitted cic and had it all coded however the phone book doesn't work meaning I have to use my phone to select who I want to call rather than being able to do it through idrive - also voice activation for the phone book also doesn't work.

Didn't have this problem when I was running ccc - the voice activation worked as it should etc.

Anyone know what it could be?
      09-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
CustomColours
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i SE

It may need seperate coding for that. My cic went up the pictures a while back and needed seperate aspects of the system recoded.

Two people tried and failed. Then makkan00 worked his magic and it was as good as new.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomColours
It may need seperate coding for that. My cic went up the pictures a while back and needed seperate aspects of the system recoded.

Two people tried and failed. Then makkan00 worked his magic and it was as good as new.
Thanks bud for mentioning.
I've coded his car.
Robin, coding is absolutely spot on.
What phone are you using?
Every time when you connect the phone to CIC it updates the contacts in virtual memory and on disconnection, it resets it.
So when you go to phone book and press cic controller down, it should connect the call.
And voice guidance take 60-120sec to get activated after starting that car.
      09-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
JP-76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin330i View Post
I recently retro fitted cic and had it all coded however the phone book doesn't work meaning I have to use my phone to select who I want to call rather than being able to do it through idrive - also voice activation for the phone book also doesn't work.

Didn't have this problem when I was running ccc - the voice activation worked as it should etc.

Don't know about the phone book but:

For the voice control, navigation and video in motion, do you have activation emulator or do you have actual activation codes inserted?

If you had it done right so you have the activation codes, then you need own FSC-code for each function.

Maybe you have only the code for navigation activation inserted?
      09-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin330i View Post

Don't know about the phone book but:

For the voice control, navigation and video in motion, do you have activation emulator or do you have actual activation codes inserted?

If you had it done right so you have the activation codes, then you need own FSC-code for each function.

Maybe you have only the code for navigation activation inserted?
OP is using emulator.
      09-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
kev335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Deleted after re reading post!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
Robin330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Thanks bud for mentioning.
I've coded his car.
Robin, coding is absolutely spot on.
What phone are you using?
Every time when you connect the phone to CIC it updates the contacts in virtual memory and on disconnection, it resets it.
So when you go to phone book and press cic controller down, it should connect the call.
And voice guidance take 60-120sec to get activated after starting that car.
Sam I am using an iphone 5.

It did try to import all my contact across and failed and gave up.

Interestingly as well there is a question mark over the signal strength as well

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
CustomColours
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i SE

Thats very odd. Iv never seen that queation mark.

To be fair. (Without starting another phone war lol) iphones dont conply with everyones elses rules. Apple seem to be skynet in my eyes. Have you tried connecting another non apple phone.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

TBH, I am not sure what fault is that?

I have never imported my contacts to CIC. Every time it connect to iphone, it saves the phone's address book in Virtual memory.

Have to tried to delete the phone from the car and delete the car from the phone and pair again.

On few cars when I installed CIC on CCC cars, I had to delete the phone from the car and car from the phone and pair again for it to work.
      09-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Robin330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
TBH, I am not sure what fault is that?

I have never imported my contacts to CIC. Every time it connect to iphone, it saves the phone's address book in Virtual memory.

Have to tried to delete the phone from the car and delete the car from the phone and pair again.

On few cars when I installed CIC on CCC cars, I had to delete the phone from the car and car from the phone and pair again for it to work.
Yeah I have tried pairing again but didnt work but I think it will try it again. I will try it out with my work phone to see if it works with a Nokia.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
Robin330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Same issue experienced with my work Nokia phone.

:-(
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
syfodias
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 325i

Same problem here!!. Retrofitted a few days ago. No contacts and question mark over signal strengt.......anyone???
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 08:41 AM   #13
bmw-extreme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

I have the same problem. In my case, mulf asks me downloading my phone book when pairing, but it happens nothing in the end, just empty phone book. Phone book must be shown in cid even if voice recognition system locked itself. Maybe both two are related issues. I must activate voice recognition first. There are also three options in cic trace file. I don't know what is that. No info about that in any forum. 'Phone book download priority, wert 01 wert 02 and wert 03' Mine shows wert 03. What do those wert values refer? Maybe changing these values is the solution.

Last edited by bmw-extreme; 07-02-2021 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0