E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Indy shops in the immediate NoVA area

02-28-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
KillaManjango
How I can just KiLLAMaN
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Indy shops in the immediate NoVA area

Hey guys,

I've scoured the forum and received some good feedback about shops like GTPeace and a few indy mechanics.

The problem for me is the fact that all of these places are well over an hour away from where I am located in Southern PG County.

Has anyone had any experience with a reputable shop in either Southern MD (Waldorf, La Plata, etc.) or Northern VA (Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax. etc.)?

Appreciate any info received.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
copafred87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i

What did you need done? An hour is nothing of a drive to get with a good shop (granted as long as the car is driveable).
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 05:36 PM   #3
black82c
Private
United_States
Rep

What do you need done? If it’s nothing too complicated, I’m sure I or someone on the forum can help out. If you do indeed need a shop, GT Peace is well worth the drive. I have worked with them before in setting up a group buy for walnut blasting, and can assure you, their service is if not the best in the area, it’s at the top of the list.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #4
KillaManjango
How I can just KiLLAMaN
Rep

Thanks for the reply guys.

And trust me, I know that an hour and some change is well worth the trip for quality work. My issue with that is more logistic, how do I get home if I have to leave the car? how do I get back to the shop to pick it up? etc, etc...those are both hefty Uber bills!

On top of that, I really don't have a glaring need for a shop or mechanic at this point, just looking to get some diagnostics/preventative maintenance taken care of. And at the end of the day just looking to build a rapport with someone I can trust and rely on for the automotive work that I cannot complete myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #5
copafred87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaManjango View Post
Thanks for the reply guys.

And trust me, I know that an hour and some change is well worth the trip for quality work. My issue with that is more logistic, how do I get home if I have to leave the car? how do I get back to the shop to pick it up? etc, etc...those are both hefty Uber bills!

On top of that, I really don't have a glaring need for a shop or mechanic at this point, just looking to get some diagnostics/preventative maintenance taken care of. And at the end of the day just looking to build a rapport with someone I can trust and rely on for the automotive work that I cannot complete myself.
GT Peace offers complimentary loaner vehicles for extended service.
Appreciate 0