E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Somebody is vandalizing my car, (I think) or I'm crazy

08-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #23
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipUK View Post
Wait - you only live 1 mile from your gym and you drive there???
0.9 miles to be exact.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire335i View Post

Here are five steps for your situation.

1. Leave your car in the garage.

2. Set up a hidden wireless battery camera looking at your car.

3. Stay in close proximity.

4. When you see them going after your car you have good footage for cops.

5. Most important, cut off footage. Go to the garage and beat the living shit out of them. People need to learn a lesson to not fuck with other people's personal property.
This!!! A good ass kicking never hurt anyone! I can definitely see this being a "car guy" to have CV grease. I'm telling you, your perp (I've always wanted to use the word "perp") either drives a service vehicle of some form, a really nice car or a beater that requires constant work.

Now that I've thought about this for a while, a good stakeout sounds like a good time. A few friends, a few beers, time and nerves of steel......wait, if there is a twist at the end of this like a M Night Shyamalan movie I'm going to need to see video. Like if it's a rat from the future that you're going to run over in a few weeks and he's come to pair up with his present self to seek revenge on you before it happens......

Seriously though, keep us posted.
Appreciate 1
BSM n54iS2684.50
      08-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #25
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

You don't have an xi, do you? Those globs of CV grease on the front do seem really...abnormally large. And clean. And like a bead....which makes me also think someone really specifically put it there.

That's actually a very dangerous place to put it considering that's where your brakes are, and CV grease is some seriously tough stuff. It could completely contaminate your brake pads and cause you to have to get new ones.

The CV grease in the tailpipe makes me wonder if they were thinking you would spray CV grease all over other vehicles or something.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #26
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: nothing

Did you modify your car to make it louder? You said you live in an apartment. Ask the management if someone has ever complained about you or your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #27
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
You don't have an xi, do you? Those globs of CV grease on the front do seem really...abnormally large. And clean. And like a bead....which makes me also think someone really specifically put it there.

That's actually a very dangerous place to put it considering that's where your brakes are, and CV grease is some seriously tough stuff. It could completely contaminate your brake pads and cause you to have to get new ones.

The CV grease in the tailpipe makes me wonder if they were thinking you would spray CV grease all over other vehicles or something.
I have an xi. But I checked all CV boots and all are good. And yeah I totally agree, it's a safety hazard. And I'm 100% sure someone squeezed it onto the caliper, look at how clean the blop is on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Pleaser View Post
Did you modify your car to make it louder? You said you live in an apartment. Ask the management if someone has ever complained about you or your car.
yeah i did a muffler delete. it's loud on cold starts.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.

Last edited by Antetokounmpo; 08-14-2018 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #28
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Sub'd..... Never mess with a person's car.
Appreciate 2
      08-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #29
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
It’s MoS grease to be specific, phishsss 🧐😅
Buddy is probably a “domestic” car guy who hates “foreign” crap even though his domestic is made in Mexico 🤣
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #30
gamesfrager
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Get them, beat them, then dump a bucket of the same grease all over them.

I have been looking for a smart car alarm. No point investing and getting one of those beep...beep...beep...wooot...wooot...eek..eek...me ow...meow
stupid car alarms.

I want it so that the alarm would send me a notification to my phone when:

- anything enters 50cm proximity from the car for a specific period of time
- any interior activity (presence sensor)
- shock sensor (someone breaks glass etc.)

The system should also have cameras that allow you view images/video remotely and of course start recording once an alarm is triggered.

I believe and Arduino project can do all of this, but I have no idea how to program it (I already bought a kit).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:24 AM   #31
DYOOS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 N55

Definitely could be someone really annoyed by how loud your car is. Especially if you're starting your car up in an underground parking structure; the exhaust note is amplified. Then add the instance that you might be purposely driving/revving in high RPMs bc you think it sounds amazing inside an enclosed area, which it does, but not to your neighbors.

Truth be told, I'd be annoyed at you too if I was your neighbor. But that's still no reason to vandalize your car. Don't fight fire with fire. Report it to the police, try to catch the guy, and respect your neighbors.
      08-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #32
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
No action last night. The dash camera seems to be working well, it picked up all the folks walking in front of my car in the garage.

Appreciate 2
      08-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #33
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
No action last night. The dash camera seems to be working well, it picked up all the folks walking in front of my car in the garage.
Which camera did you end up getting?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #34
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Quote:
Which camera did you end up getting?
Vantrue N2 Pro

Appreciate 1
DYOOS88.00
      08-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #35
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire335i View Post
Someone is definitely fucking with you and vandalizing your car. If you don't do anything it will just get worst.

But they are doing it in a way with grease and bullshit making it seem it is 'car related' which makes filing a police report harder and for the cop to care less

Here are five steps for your situation.

1. Leave your car in the garage.

2. Set up a hidden wireless battery camera looking at your car.

3. Stay in close proximity.

4. When you see them going after your car you have good footage for cops.

5. Most important, cut off footage. Go to the garage and beat the living shit out of them. People need to learn a lesson to not fuck with other people's personal property.

By the way parking sensor/car dash cam won't do shit. You need a heed a hidden camera looking at your parking space
dang agreed, it is NOT cool to f*** around with anyone else's car. That goes for any of us as well. Dunno if you have reserved spaces or what, but another vehicle with a camcorder rolling would be a cheap solution. Like a fat gecko mount that costs $28, and the camcorder could be set to record with the viewer shut.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #36
Bobh59
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

Garage List
Quote:
I have an xi. But I checked all CV boots and all are good. And yeah I totally agree, it's a safety hazard. And I'm 100% sure someone squeezed it onto the caliper, look at how clean the blop is on the front.

yeah i did a muffler delete. it's loud on cold starts.

That's a lot more than just loud on cold starts - especially in a parking garage.

When you show such disregard for your neighbors YOU create a no-win situation because the only solution to the problem is for you to modify your car or move. And it sounds like someone is working on the latter.

I'm not condoning the "solution" they've chosen, but you're actually lucky they haven't chosen a more draconian approach (yet) because in less time than they've spent so far they could have done 4-5 figures in damage and it wouldn't have cost them $5.
      08-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #37
dannyhavok
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 328xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobh59 View Post
That's a lot more than just loud on cold starts - especially in a parking garage.

When you show such disregard for your neighbors YOU create a no-win situation because the only solution to the problem is for you to modify your car or move. And it sounds like someone is working on the latter.

I'm not condoning the "solution" they've chosen, but you're actually lucky they haven't chosen a more draconian approach (yet) because in less time than they've spent so far they could have done 4-5 figures in damage and it wouldn't have cost them $5.
Agreed. Your car is probably waking people up, that's obnoxious as fuck. Keep in mind that people work shift work, etc. You should really be respectful of your neighbours. If you want to be incredibly loud, buy a house without neighbours nearby.

Of course, they should still be publicly flogged for vandalising your car. The correct course would have been to formally complain about you to the property management company or strata or whoever, but I can understand where the frustration would come from.

I work very early mornings, and when my asshole neighbour fires up his table saw on the patio at 8pm when I'm trying to sleep, I get pretty agitated.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #38
Jashan90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

This thread got me biting my nails.... I have pop corn as well
      08-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #39
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

If they don't like the volume they can leave a note. Simple as that. All I'd have to do is turn off the cold start sequence through MHD and you can't even hear it start practically.

Appreciate 2
      08-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #40
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhavok View Post
Agreed. Your car is probably waking people up, that's obnoxious as fuck. Keep in mind that people work shift work, etc. You should really be respectful of your neighbours. If you want to be incredibly loud, buy a house without neighbours nearby.

Of course, they should still be publicly flogged for vandalising your car. The correct course would have been to formally complain about you to the property management company or strata or whoever, but I can understand where the frustration would come from.

I work very early mornings, and when my asshole neighbour fires up his table saw on the patio at 8pm when I'm trying to sleep, I get pretty agitated.
The garage ceiling is concrete which blocks a lot of noise. I'd actually be surprised if it wakes anybody up.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
If they don't like the volume they can leave a note. Simple as that. All I'd have to do is turn off the cold start sequence through MHD and you can't even hear it start practically.
Not that I am taking sides here as I completely disagree with damaging someone's car as revenge, but help paint a picture of human nature. The lady that lives next door to me refuses to take care of the ditch line in front of her house. Mostly because she has hedges at the edge of her yard in between her front porch and the ditch. Out of sight out of mind type scenario yet I am forced to look at them. Being a type A personality sort, I can't stand the weeds getting out of control so I eventually just do it myself. This year, I decided against it and sprayed weed/grass killer on her entire ditch line. Is it her property, yes; does she take care of it, no; am I tired of doing her yard work for her, absolutely. Do I care that her ditch line is beautiful dirt? Nah, I do care that I no longer have to spend 45 minutes weed eating something she is simply too lazy to take care of.

My point is this. I didn't write a note, I didn't call her up nor did I go to her house and ring her doorbell to discuss it. I resolved the problem for me.

Again, I think this individual needs to suffer a similar fate to what they have bestowed upon your car, but my point is that no one is going to openly communicate with you about anything unless it benefits them.

In this day and age, when a girl you've dated for whatever length of time decides she likes someone else, do you think she is going to come talk to you about it? No, she will simply stop talking to you and go on her way.
Appreciate 3
MTK24484.50
      08-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #42
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Once you find out who this is, inject a tube of that same grease in their mouth.

Putting that shit on your brakes is going too far.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Somewhere else and include a steel toe boot.
      08-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #43
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't work with some and neither does talking to them. Had one in my old neighborhood who went dragster exhaust on a CTS and decided in front of MY house was exactly where he would gag the throttle going home or stop at my end of the street and floor it after turning, no different than being directly in front of the house.

Karma but that one multiple times and all I had to do was sit back and watch.
      08-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #44
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Hope you find the ahole. This brings back my frustration with damn neighborhood kids that kept f'ing with my car every day.