E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > DIY: TIAL bov install

11-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #67
=C=
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M-Sport E90

I got the VRSF charge pipe kit with the TIAL BOV. One thing I noticed you mentioned is that there is an O-ring between the CP and the TIAL BOV, however for some reason my VRSF kit didn't come with this O-ring. Is this kit supposed to be part of the CP or the BOV?

Looks like I wont be able to install the CP I was planning on doing today

What size O-ring is it? Unless VRSF can send the missing part would be great otherwise I'm going to have to order 1 locally.

EDIT: Nvm, found the O-ring, thanks to Tiago.

Last edited by =C=; 12-23-2015 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #68
335ishebley
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i n54 2008 sedan

e90 tial installation issue need help

Hi everyone,

i would really appreciate help with this installation as i cannot find a video with similar chargepipe.

i have a bmw 335i e90 n54 with a Tial bov with charge pipe that has 2 valves.

look at the photos and tell me if this is correct as the Tial is not working and not i have a check engine on with reduced power and i can't figure out the issue.

Thank you

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #69
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
Has anyone ran a separate line for their BOV vacuum? I feel like the tiny stock line is too small. It would be better to run 1/4" all the way to the intake. Mine isn't opening as well as it should, even with a 10psi spring. I get some flutter and delay in opening. Are there any other vacuum lines we can T into?
I've heard of others doing this. I got my BOV in the mail so will be doing the install in a day or two. Just trying to do some prep work.

First I heard to use the 11lbs sring. The yellow one. Second I've heard that you can get some flutter if you dont run 1/4" all the way to the intake. Do you have to drill and tap a 1/4" hole into the plastic intake? Then screw in the 1/4" adapter? Is this something I can pick up at ACE or Home Depot? Then where in the intake did you tap into? I have some 3.5mm vacuum hose I was going to use. But really dont like the idea of having to tap into the Intake. Is this only for those that experience flutter or is this recommended for anyone using a BOV?
      03-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #70
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOS07335i View Post
I've heard of others doing this. I got my BOV in the mail so will be doing the install in a day or two. Just trying to do some prep work.

First I heard to use the 11lbs sring. The yellow one. Second I've heard that you can get some flutter if you dont run 1/4" all the way to the intake. Do you have to drill and tap a 1/4" hole into the plastic intake? Then screw in the 1/4" adapter? Is this something I can pick up at ACE or Home Depot? Then where in the intake did you tap into? I have some 3.5mm vacuum hose I was going to use. But really dont like the idea of having to tap into the Intake. Is this only for those that experience flutter or is this recommended for anyone using a BOV?
I'm planning to do this tonight.

Just bought these two..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the VRSF pipe and Tial BOV. it's currently hooked up to a t-fitting coming off the oem spot with the other side running to my boost gauge. I'm going to use the oem fitting strait to the gauge and put this towards the front of the car in the manifold, to the left of the throttle body.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #71
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
I'm planning to do this tonight.

Just bought these two..

I have the VRSF pipe and Tial BOV. it's currently hooked up to a t-fitting coming off the oem spot with the other side running to my boost gauge. I'm going to use the oem fitting strait to the gauge and put this towards the front of the car in the manifold, to the left of the throttle body.
So how did it go can you post some pics? What kind of vacuum hose are you going to put on that barb fitting?
      03-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #72
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So how did it go can you post some pics
not good at all!! The barb was way bigger than the tap. So I ran to Home Depot and they didn't sell taps big enough for any of the barbs they sold. Unfortunately, I had my whole car apart before checking so I had to put it back together until I source the right parts.
I noticed my valves were dirty so I need to blast them again. I'll do it all at the same time once I get the right parts. I need to find a cheap source for walnut shells. any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #73
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
not good at all!! The barb was way bigger than the tap. So I ran to Home Depot and they didn't sell taps big enough for any of the barbs they sold. Unfortunately, I had my whole car apart before checking so I had to put it back together until I source the right parts.
I noticed my valves were dirty so I need to blast them again. I'll do it all at the same time once I get the right parts. I need to find a cheap source for walnut shells. any suggestions?
Thats a bummer. I got mine installed last night but I'm also having issues. I did not tap my intake yet. I was hoping that I could use the nipple that ran to the DV's from the intake. ACE hardware typically has a pretty good assortment of taps. As far as walnut media not sure I take it to my buddies he only charges me $250 so I just let him do it. The DV's were a PITA to get off when swapping out my CP. That was not fun had to take a big ol flat head to the ridges to get it to turn clock wise or counter clockwise.

Is it recommended that you take the intake off? Would the plastic shavings really do any damage if left inside the intake? I would think if anything they would melt and disintegrate. Not sure though.

The problem I'm having is I tried the 11lb yellow spring and I doesnt appear to be enough vacuum to move the piston up and down. I then tried the black 10lb spring and under I still cant get the stupid piston to move. I took the BOV appart and the rubber oring on mine that seals the piston is very tight. I can't budge the piston at all with my hands. Barley budges with the c-clamp. I either have to go your route and tap into the intake or try a lighter spring.

Can you compress the piston with your fingers on the BOV? I cant get mine to budge at all. I would think I shold be able to move it a little.
Attached Images

03-29-2018, 02:35 PM   #74
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I found this yeah it's $50 but dont have to take the intake off. I just ordered one. Looks like a good compromise.

https://vadersolution.com/products/v...v-line-adapter
      03-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #75
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thats a bummer. I got mine installed last night but I'm also having issues. I did not tap my intake yet. I was hoping that I could use the nipple that ran to the DV's from the intake. ACE hardware typically has a pretty good assortment of taps. As far as walnut media not sure I take it to my buddies he only charges me $250 so I just let him do it. The DV's were a PITA to get off when swapping out my CP. That was not fun had to take a big ol flat head to the ridges to get it to turn clock wise or counter clockwise.

Is it recommended that you take the intake off? Would the plastic shavings really do any damage if left inside the intake? I would think if anything they would melt and disintegrate. Not sure though.

The problem I'm having is I tried the 11lb yellow spring and I doesnt appear to be enough vacuum to move the piston up and down. I then tried the black 10lb spring and under I still cant get the stupid piston to move. I took the BOV appart and the rubber oring on mine that seals the piston is very tight. I can't budge the piston at all with my hands. Barley budges with the c-clamp. I either have to go your route and tap into the intake or try a lighter spring.

Can you compress the piston with your fingers on the BOV? I cant get mine to budge at all. I would think I shold be able to move it a little.
Yea, my diverter valves were a bitch to removed, I ended up breaking the little gray tabs. I'll check my BOV tomorrow, just dropped my car off for the DPs to get put on. I bought the VRSF dp from Tiago so I'm not sure what spring it ships with. It was already assembled, just had to put it on the CP.

Quote:
I found this yeah it's $50 but dont have to take the intake off. I just ordered one. Looks like a good compromise.

https://vadersolution.com/products/v...v-line-adapter
Neat idea but I don't know if that's going to look to great or if it will impact the tmap sensor at all. Interesting solution though. But for $50, I'd rather drink a few beers in my garage and fiddle with my car one evening. I need to blast my valves again soon so this is giving me reason to stop putting it off.. Please let us know how that thing works out for you though.

I had to zip tie my tmap sensor into place since I broke the tab that holds it in last time i took my charge pipe off..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #76
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, my diverter valves were a bitch to removed, I ended up breaking the little gray tabs. I'll check my BOV tomorrow, just dropped my car off for the DPs to get put on. I bought the VRSF dp from Tiago so I'm not sure what spring it ships with. It was already assembled, just had to put it on the CP.

Neat idea but I don't know if that's going to look to great or if it will impact the tmap sensor at all. Interesting solution though. But for $50, I'd rather drink a few beers in my garage and fiddle with my car one evening. I need to blast my valves again soon so this is giving me reason to stop putting it off.. Please let us know how that thing works out for you though.

I had to zip tie my tmap sensor into place since I broke the tab that holds it in last time i took my charge pipe off..
Yeah I dont think it's going to look very good, seems kind of bulky. I ordered it yesterday. Already got my 1/8th NPT nipple and 1/4" vacuum line so it should be less than a 20min install job. I just hope it creates enough vacuum for my BOV.

I destroyed two of the gray plastic tabs on the DV's. I found that a big ol flat head screw drivers works best on the ridges of the clip. Once I figured that out the other two were much easier to remove.

Well hear is what it looks like i figured I'd post it in this thread as it has more traction. But so far so good. Works great and very easy to install.
Attached Images

Last edited by GEOS07335i; 04-11-2018 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0