E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ***Do not buy from sungmin***

Closed Thread

12-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #45
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
I don't do online transaction with Texans, all y'all's got shotguns
sorry dude if you mess with 1 texans, you mess with a thousand of us. That is why you hear the term everything bigger in texas. (except for e90 meet).
      12-03-2006, 02:31 AM   #46
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
sorry dude if you mess with 1 texans, you mess with a thousand of us. That is why you hear the term everything bigger in texas. (except for e90 meet).
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 03:25 AM   #47
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Lunch is for Wimps

Hi guys, now before I lose my temper and say you are all mistaken, I am going to be nice and just tell the plain truth, no exaggerations.

Jim sent me what my bank reps thought to be a fake official check. Official check meaning cashier check. The check is from Sun Trust Bank and has no address or contact phone number. It also has no watermark or other security measures on it.

Two bank reps at Bank of America told me they suggest not depositing it, and to return it to Jim. I am in the process of doing that.

Jim, being the sneaky guy that he is, has tried to turn the situation around and call me a thief or whatever.

He first sent me Paypal with an unconfirmed address and acted like it was no problem. I explicitly told him I will ship only to a confirmed address. He still paid with unconfirmed. So after refunding that, I told him that I would accept a cashier check. He sent it, and like I mentioned prior, I got advice that I should not deposit it, lest it is fake and my account would take the bounce fee.

Jim has no right to come on here and start up some fireworks when that guy tried to bully me into working with him. The fact is, it is TOTALLY reasonable for me to be suspicious if the situation calls for it. And it did.

Jim you are a damn loser for coming onto e90post and posting this crap. You cant force me to overnight jack squat to you. Why should I pay out of pocket when I get nothing in return for all this BS hassle you put me through?

You say you'll paypal me the $20 overnight fee? Sure you will, and then do a chargeback without any recourse for me since you will pay with an unconfirmed address. You damn fool.

I haven't had time to send out your fake check back to you because I just moved to LA for business. That is the WHOLE point of selling my rims to you, so I wouldnt have to ship them here. But I did now, because you wasted my time saying you were for real.

I am sending out the check Monday to your untrustworthy rear, I hope you enjoyed entertaining these mindless fools on e90post.

One guy Driver, PMed and said he is putting me in Jail. You can kiss my korean ass. Now you must feel embarassed once the truth cuts clear and everyone is now in the know. Knowledge is power, my friend.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 03:57 AM   #48
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep

Jim, or anyone else that is wrongfully accusing me, why don't you just call me like a man and tell me what your problem is? You can't, because Jim provided no hard evidence and everyone else is working on secondary info. Wow, talk about credible.

So why would you make this kind of thread if you really did send me a fake check, and you're the TRUE con here? Easy, so you can cover your own ass. People will think if I am the con-artist that did you wrong, then you possibly can't be, yourself! This way, you can save your reputation here and try to send a fake check to another unsuspecting e90 poster. You're so clever, you should be a lawyer.

Yes, longtran, I do run a business. And I do have memory enough that I sent Jim my address and in my emails it contained my website, biz address, etc. Why would I do this if I was a thief?

I apologize for not flocking to e90post every damn minute like you guys do. I am down here in LA, ever since yesterday.

Oh and P.S., Jim called me right before I was leaving to LA (I was at the post office sending out orders, but not his check because I admit I sent it out with the palette (along with the rims) I sent to LA. He explained that the bank guy that could call me and verify that I wanted to cancel the check could not reach me because he just got off work at that time. So Jim said, "Hey it would be faster if you just first classed it at this point."

I SAID YES, I WILL DO THAT ONCE I GET DOWN TO LA. He accepted my offer. Now I am here and Monday is the next shipping day for US POSTAL, at which time I will drop it off and it will be delivered to him shortly.

Jim, I REALLY hope you are innocent and that the check is real and this was just a misunderstanding. But you CANNOT expect me to listen to you about how you are reliable on the phone and the check is guaranteed to stay, etc. You need to understand that you cant make a guy take your money. Its called Right To Refuse Service To Anyone. You CANNOT go on here and talk this trash about me and expect me to rebuttal your claims without some anger. And you definitely SHOULD NOT have spread my info to others like that. Do you want me to do the same to you? I won't because I have better things to do with my time.

I wrote this long because I felt e90ers deserve the true layout of the situation. I dont come on here and make every post a formal business style. SO what if I shorthand or use profanity? I've been getting screwed from ZuerstBMW and Jim, I have every right to post my thoughts.

E90post should stop the trade section.

**P.P.S.** The method of delivery Jim used to send me the check was DHL guaranteed service. But it required no signature. Why would Jim send overnight and not get a signature? That, along with him sending me Paypal with unconfirmed addresses and asking me to fax personal info to him and crap, oh please! GET REAL
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 04:17 AM   #49
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

and the sega continues..........

i ain't takin' no sides........
      12-03-2006, 04:20 AM   #50
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

12-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #51
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW
literally........i need some water and advils.....
      12-03-2006, 04:25 AM   #52
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
literally........i need some water and advils.....
Extra strength
      12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #53
spots
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 328

IF sumgin was a business owner any bounced fees (if the check was bad) would be a writeoff. What's the fee?? 40 bucks?? You were a tool to not deposit the check.
Jim why don't you add your work address onto your paypal so it can be a confirmed address also?
      12-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #54
IDENTITY_MOTORSPORTS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Put the check in the bank, wait till it clears before spending any of the money. This isn't rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #55
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
haha mindless fools on e90post... *shrugs*... i was waiting for your response

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #56
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
He first sent me Paypal with an unconfirmed address and acted like it was no problem. I explicitly told him I will ship only to a confirmed address.
Can someone tell me what the big deal with having a confirmed address through paypal is? I haven't really messed with paypal in awhile, and used to be that to be "confirmed" you had to let them have access to a bank account. Is that still the same thing?

If I send somebody funds via paypal using a credit card, why would I need to have a confirmed address? What protection does that grant the person recieving the funds? And why do they need protection, they now have the money to move around as they wish don't they?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #57
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep

When a person receives money from a customer via Paypal or their own merchant processing, they need to ship to the address on file on the credit card/paypal. If they do not, they have no protection against consumer abuse/fraud.

The only way a seller can be totally confident of the funds received is if it is wired, western unioned, or direct deposited (cash) to their bank account and made immediately available.

Oh, and Spots, I am not a tool as you say. I am a very successful 20 year old and I don't need to sell my damn rims for 800 bucks to some guy I think is shady. I'd give them to you for free if you had anything useful to say in a blue moon.

The whole point is not moneys, but principle. My time was already wasted, so I consider this whole situation as a loss for me, too.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #58
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
so... i'm sure once we get wasted we'll all be friends again!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #59
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe Alpine White

Look, all I want is my "fake" check back. I already told you that if you just sign a fax from my "fake" bank, you wouldn't even have to send it back. You still claim you can't receive faxes. What gives here? You got my check on the
29th of November. Now it is the 4th of December! Again, I am not saying you set out to rip me off, but this is really ridiculous. I need it back.
If you will just take the stupid fax fron Suntrust, then this will all be settled.
Then, once the check comes back, I can shred it. I am not going to get into the name calling......Just do the right thing. Like you should have done several days ago! Until then, why should anyone buy from you? That is all this was meant to do. You very easily could have overnighted this check back to me, I would have paid you the fees, whatever they were dude. Come on now. At 20 years old, you have a lot to learn about how people should be treated. Everyone is not dis-honest and shady. That is why I made contact by phone every step of the way. You know where I work. I have been in this business almost as long as you have been alive. I don't have any motive to scam you, just need the wheels bud. I have another seller holding these things for me, but can't complete this deal until my money is returned. Send back my money Mike! You have had this for 5 days now!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #60
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungmin

Yes, longtran, I do run a business. And I do have memory enough that I sent Jim my address and in my emails it contained my website, biz address, etc. Why would I do this if I was a thief?

Jim called me right before I was leaving to LA (I was at the post office sending out orders, but not his check because I admit I sent it out with the palette (along with the rims) I sent to LA. He explained that the bank guy that could call me and verify that I wanted to cancel the check could not reach me because he just got off work at that time. So Jim said, "Hey it would be faster if you just first classed it at this point."

I SAID YES, I WILL DO THAT ONCE I GET DOWN TO LA. He accepted my offer. Now I am here and Monday is the next shipping day for US POSTAL, at which time I will drop it off and it will be delivered to him shortly.
Actually Mike, if you would have comunicated a little better, this would have been not as nasty. You NEVER told me that you would send it once you got to LA. You told me on Thursday you were mailing it out then. You never told me you were going to LA. Only that you were moving. Do you think that makes me feel good about this. Now I don't even have an address for you, and you still have my money!
All this being said, for Gods sake there are mailboxes everywhere! Since you are not sending it in any comnfirmed manner, you could just drop it right?
But, here we are on Monday, you have had the "fake" check since Wednesday, and still you admit that you didn't send it out!!
But, I am the ass, and the dis-honest one
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #61
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:

The whole point is not moneys, but principle. My time was already wasted, so I consider this whole situation as a loss for me, too.
That's easy for you to say Mike, you're not out a thousand dollars right now.
I apologize for your "loss", but again, I am out a large sum of money, and you aren't doing anything to rectify the situation. Nothing! Take my banks phone call, take thier fax, send the money back, the choice has been yours for almost a week now. Still you have done nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #62
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:
**P.P.S.** The method of delivery Jim used to send me the check was DHL guaranteed service. But it required no signature. Why would Jim send overnight and not get a signature? That, along with him sending me Paypal with unconfirmed addresses and asking me to fax personal info to him and crap, oh please! GET REAL
Again, Mike, you are wrong. It was supposed to get a signature, beleive me.
And secondly, I didn't want any of your personal info via Fax. I just wanted you to get the faxed form from Suntrust, sign it, and fax it back. Then I would have my cash back. Why is this so hard?? Why?? You are just being difficult. There is really no reason to treat me like this. If you feel I am dis-honest, fine, be done with me. Send the cash back and I'll be out of your hair.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #63
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

I am glad to see both side comunicating and hopefully it can be resolved. GL to both.

Next time, someone comes on here and say "dont buy from txusa03" i wont comment and just observed.
      12-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #64
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
I am glad to see both side comunicating and hopefully it can be resolved. GL to both.

Next time, someone comes on here and say "dont buy from txusa03" i wont comment and just observed.
Actually, I still have no money, don't even know where he is except "LA", and he doesn't answer his business phone. I WISH there was communication!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #65
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

***Update***

Just made another trip to the Bank (3rd time)

My Banker Andrew DeTurrick (Suntrust) said all he needs is a signature on a faxed form.
No personal info, no address, no nothing. Just a signature saying he won't cash the check!
He will be calling him again. I really hope he cooperates so I can put this to rest. I will pay him $25 via Paypal (WITH my confirmed home address) for his inconvenience if he will do it!!!
This shouldn't be this difficult!

Oh, and by the way this Paypal stuff was just so I could have the wheels at work (a dealership) so they could be stored and installed on my vehicle when the time came without me carting them around, that's all.

****This Paypal account he speaks of wasn't even in HIS name, it was a person named John Voung. So I was not protected either. I was willing to trust him. he seemed legit. Boy was I wrong! ***

Last edited by JIMD1709; 12-04-2006 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #66
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spots
IF sumgin was a business owner any bounced fees (if the check was bad) would be a writeoff. What's the fee?? 40 bucks?? You were a tool to not deposit the check.
Jim why don't you add your work address onto your paypal so it can be a confirmed address also?
Dealing with writing off incurred fraud fees is a huge pain in the ass. I am not taking sides in this, but I would not cash a registered check with no address, phone number, or watermark either. Besides, it isn't about the $40 fee, it's about the fact that he would cash the check, send the wheels, then in the check bounces; no wheels. And yes, he could wait for it to bounce before sending the wheels, but that can take a week, and I have a feeling the buyer wouldn't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
Can someone tell me what the big deal with having a confirmed address through paypal is? I haven't really messed with paypal in awhile, and used to be that to be "confirmed" you had to let them have access to a bank account. Is that still the same thing?

If I send somebody funds via paypal using a credit card, why would I need to have a confirmed address? What protection does that grant the person recieving the funds? And why do they need protection, they now have the money to move around as they wish don't they?
As explained, if you send something to someone who pays you with an unconfirmed address, they can dispute the charges and you have no recourse whatsoever. Confirming your account is as simple as putting an address on it, receiving a piece of mail, and entering a code on the piece of mail.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread