E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2008 328i - E92 - Manual - 108,500 mi

09-30-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
tylermac
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i 6spd

FS: 2008 328i - E92 - Manual - 108,500 mi

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 6,300.00

Item Interest
Selling my 2008 328i E92. 6 speed manual, 108,5xx miles. I bought this last year around this time and had some work to put into it. Spent about $2,000 in parts on some of the known major repairs, asking to get out of it what I paid.

Repairs/Upgrades include:

-New valve cover and valve cover gasket
-Replaced eccentric shaft sensor
-Thermostat and water pump replaced, along with *most* of the coolant hoses
-Coolant flush (with repairs above)
-Replaced passenger door handle (sticky deterioration issue)
-Replaced oil filter housing gasket
-All spark plugs and ignition coils replaced
-New air filter
-Installed Lux LED halo lights (adjustable color blue>white)
-Oil and filter changed (FCP Euro kit)

Repairs were all completed by me less than a year ago, around 1,000 miles ago. I make NO WARRANTY on workmanship, I am not a mechanic. That said, with roughly 1,000 miles since repairs were completed I've noticed no problems with any of them.

Problems: Oil pan gasket is going to need to be replaced at some point in the near future. It does drip and you'll notice the small leak where you park, but again after 1,000 miles it's not even been enough to register on the oil level indicator - still reads full. It's an annoyance more than anything.

It has a couple decent dings which are shown in photos, and whoever owned it in Maryland or NJ before me evidently parked by running the wheels on the curb for a couple miles before coming to a stop. There's quite a bit of road rash on the rims. From a few feet away you can't even tell, but up close it's bad. Could probably do some DIY grinding and painting to clean it up, but I haven't bothered because you can't tell unless you're looking for it.

I also assume the clutch will need to be replaced in the near future, but it's shifting fine, no slippage that I can tell and no grinding into gear.

The radio display sometimes dims quite a bit. Radio remains fully functional, but display can't be seen. I think this fixable, but I really only notice it at temperature extremes and it's never caused a problem because it remains functional.

Only code being thrown right now is for one of the rear lights. I haven't checked to see if the brake light is out, but as we know the electrical systems on these can be finicky and you'll often throw a code before the light even burns out as it detects voltage anomalies.

Also, finally, there is a sizeable tear in the driver seat bolster area that I have to imagine was caused by a dog or other animal from a prior owner. It was there when I got it and prior owner hadn't disclosed which pissed me off, so want to make sure I mention it. I have no idea whether it can be repaired, I never looked into it. Tear shown in photos.

Car is located in the Columbus, OH area. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer. Car is very fun to drive, but I just bought a new motorcycle and wife said another toy had to go...

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
tylermac
Registered
Rep

Bump...Make an offer. I'm willing to deal!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
tylermac
Registered
Rep

Bumping again - with a $700 price drop. Feel free to make an offer, I'm willing to chat.
Appreciate 0