E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Called Eibach Today

03-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Garage List
Called Eibach Today

I called Eibach's Engineering department today and when they get a vehicle from the manufacture they request a stock base model. In the case of E9x they used a Non-Sport Package model to design the Pro-Kit on. So the drop listed on their site is the drop from Non-Sport Package ride height. He indicated that the difference in drop from Non-Sport to Sport Package is roughly .25"-.50"

Moral of the story: If you have the Sport Package and get the Pro-Kit do not expect a 1.0" drop in the front.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has actually measured from hub to fender before and after and documented the actual drop?
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
AtlantaDude
Just enjoying my time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i - Sold

I'm not really surprised here. I installed the Bilstein B12 Pro Kit on my Sport Packaged E92, only got .5'' drop compared to the 1'' promised, ended up getting the exact same response when I inquired. (I thought I fouled up the install somehow) Needless to say... I'll be installing Race springs to bring her a little closer to mother earth....

If speed is death, then buy a Honda and live forever
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondonor View Post
I called Eibach's Engineering department today and when they get a vehicle from the manufacture they request a stock base model. In the case of E9x they used a Non-Sport Package model to design the Pro-Kit on. So the drop listed on their site is the drop from Non-Sport Package ride height. He indicated that the difference in drop from Non-Sport to Sport Package is roughly .25"-.50"

Moral of the story: If you have the Sport Package and get the Pro-Kit do not expect a 1.0" drop in the front.
Thanks!

I gathered that this was the case from info posted in various threads that I've read, but it's good to have independent confirmation of this fact. It's also the reason why it's possible to use the Koni FSD's w/the Eibach Pro-kit springs but not other "lowering" spring sets which require the use of the Koni Sport Yellows.

I have already ordered & received a set of Koni FSD's that I will be installing soon to pair w/a set of Michelin PSS tires. If this combo doesn't improve the handling of my E90 Sport well enough, then I'll be installing the Eibach Pro-Plus Kit, which includes the springs and sway bars too or I may go w/the Eibach Pro springs w/M3 sways. Still not sure which sways would be the better choice.

Last edited by SSW; 03-19-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I called H&R Engineering department today as well and got the exact same story. Their advertised drop is from a non-sport package vehicle unless the springs are listed for say 333is <---- note the "S" which denotes Sport Package. Ryan also said that the BMW Sport Package drop is from 3/8" - 1/2".

My deal is I've already ordered Eibach's Pro-Kit which advertised drop is 1". After all of the reading I've done I'm leaning more towards Eibach for ride quality, but for the drop I want I'd lean towards H&R.

I'm sooo confused!
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
Dannyboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
I called H&R Engineering department today as well and got the exact same story. Their advertised drop is from a non-sport package vehicle unless the springs are listed for say 333is <---- note the "S" which denotes Sport Package. Ryan also said that the BMW Sport Package drop is from 3/8" - 1/2".

My deal is I've already ordered Eibach's Pro-Kit which advertised drop is 1". After all of the reading I've done I'm leaning more towards Eibach for ride quality, but for the drop I want I'd lean towards H&R.

I'm sooo confused!
I know the feeling, I ordered the H&r touring cup kit and thinking I'd be better off with the Eibach pro kit! I'm afraid the drop will be too much for the wheels and tires I have!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
Mark@Eibach
Registered
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Hello all,

Just thought I would drop in to offer assistance to answer any questions you may have.

I was also able to dig up a really good thread with pertinent info in the very first post. I can confirm that the spring rates posted for our PRO-KIT are correct.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585940

Our PRO-KIT is designed to be a street performance spring, that being said, we spend time to engineer and test multiple solutions for added performance while maintaining the Eibach ride quality we are known for. We find (what we feel) the perfect balance of performance and street comfort with our kits. This sometimes means we cannot be the lowest, but the trade off is a well balanced system that enhances appearance, increases handling and turn-in response, while also reducing braking distance.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

so much engineering goin on in here lol just get some ebay coils and be done.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark@Eibach View Post
Hello all,

Just thought I would drop in to offer assistance to answer any questions you may have.

I was also able to dig up a really good thread with pertinent info in the very first post. I can confirm that the spring rates posted for our PRO-KIT are correct.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585940

Our PRO-KIT is designed to be a street performance spring, that being said, we spend time to engineer and test multiple solutions for added performance while maintaining the Eibach ride quality we are known for. We find (what we feel) the perfect balance of performance and street comfort with our kits. This sometimes means we cannot be the lowest, but the trade off is a well balanced system that enhances appearance, increases handling and turn-in response, while also reducing braking distance.
Hey Mark, Is there a gap you guys are shooting for with the Pro-Kit or just a drop off non-sport setup?

I'm almost 50 years old but I've been a car enthusiast all my life. Personally I'd like less of a fender gap on a car of this nature with even a "balanced" aftermarket solution.
Attached Images

2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Mark@Eibach
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Hey Mark, Is there a gap you guys are shooting for with the Pro-Kit or just a drop off non-sport setup?

I'm almost 50 years old but I've been a car enthusiast all my life. Personally I'd like less of a fender gap on a car of this nature with even a "balanced" aftermarket solution.
I hear you loud and clear... Isn't 50 the new 30 though?!

The drop is first based off suspension geometry. Too much loss of travel can negatively effect ride quality. On average most PRO-KITs will lower the vehicle between 1-1.4 inches depending on vehicle. We do offer Sportline springs for vehicles where there is room to go a bit lower.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #10
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I will install my Eibach Pro-Kit this week and will diligently document the drop I get. Hoping it's enough to satisfy my gapphobia. I have no worries about ride quality as I've been running Eibach products for 30 years.
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:

The drop is first based off suspension geometry. Too much loss of travel can negatively effect ride quality. On average most PRO-KITs will lower the vehicle between 1-1.4 inches depending on vehicle. We do offer Sportline springs for vehicles where there is room to go a bit lower.
Mark, while we have you, can you clarify for us...are the current pro-kit springs for bmw E9X linear or progressive? Great debates have gone on about this
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
Mark, while we have you, can you clarify for us...are the current pro-kit springs for bmw E9X linear or progressive? Great debates have gone on about this
Most of the Eibach springs are progressive but this particular application uses linear rates.

For those not happy with the 1.0" Pro-Kit lowering can go with the Sportline 2.0"/1.4" kit for the E9x models.

-Tony (who also works at Eibach)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #13
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler JKU

Garage List
Where are you guys buying eibach pro-kit springs from? Eibach direct?
      03-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #14
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by liborio View Post
Amazon of course. Eibach actually has the Sportlines for some E9x on closeout right now.

http://eibach.com/america/en/perform...nsion/closeout
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
e90post sponsor Supreme Power has good advertised prices:

http://www.supremepowerparts.com/0/0...Eibach+Springs

don't know if they give a break to forum members.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Bought mine on Amazon. Got lucky since there was a shipping delay. I saved another $20. Waited only a week more for it and no sales tax.
      03-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

That's why I went with ST coilovers. I was going to spend $800+ for Bilstein/Koni shocks and Eibach prokit for a .5" drop on my E90 sport. F that. For a little more I can tailor my ride height
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #18
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Bought mine on Amazon. Got lucky since there was a shipping delay. I saved another $20. Waited only a week more for it and no sales tax.
Do you have a picture after your Pro-Kit was installed?
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #19
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

What damper was engineered with the Sportlines?
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #20
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler JKU

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondonor
Quote:
Amazon of course. Eibach actually has the Sportlines for some E9x on closeout right now.

http://eibach.com/america/en/perform...nsion/closeout
Does close out mean the are going away for good? I remember burgertuning selling them and the don't have them anymore.
      03-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
Mark@Eibach
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
e90post sponsor Supreme Power has good advertised prices:

http://www.supremepowerparts.com/0/0...Eibach+Springs

don't know if they give a break to forum members.

+1, Support your Vendors!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #22
Mark@Eibach
Registered
Rep

Quote:
What damper was engineered with the Sportlines?
We had a PRO-DAMPER that was engineered to compliment the Sportline as well as the Pro-Kit. Unfortunately it has since been discontinued.

Quote:
Does close out mean the are going away for good? I remember burgertuning selling them and the don't have them anymore.
Note, the Sportline in our closeout sale is for the E91 Sportwagon.

The items listed in our closeout section will be discontinued once stock is depleted, but that does not mean they won't come back. If there is a large demand for an item we will reproduce the part.
Appreciate 0