E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ► ► ► Now with PHOTOS (p16) - NURBURGRING TRIP --- 14th - 17th August ◀ ◀ ◀

09-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #507
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
what track daysa you done mikey? in the M3? M3's are prime for some track work.

FLOYDY , how was the ring, who did you go with?
      09-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #508
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

All Years ago now Silverstone full circuit ,Donnington ,Cadwell park amongst others all in Series 1 RS TURBO and 2wd SAPPHIRE COSWORTH those were the days great fun . Recently at Cadwell on my bike though Triumph 675 Daytona.
      09-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #509
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
mate i used to Be a right ford nut. Still got a rs turBo

any pics from then? when was this Ford fair and the like? what year?
      09-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #510
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

Yeh all sorts of shows .RS national Days etc ,would still love to have a mint series 1 was in loads of mags with a few of my RS Fords ,Fast Ford ,Fast Car , Performance Ford to name just a few ,about 12 of so Years ago now ,really good Days. Did a Day at Bruntingthorpe for Fast Car mag against a load of cossies in my Turbo Technics XR3I and wiped the floor with a good few of them great fun.I will try and find the mags and let you see them some time .
      09-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #511
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Ps; how did you get on at the Ring Floyd???
I just got back about 40 minute ago (1500 miles round trip) and had a blast of a time. The weather even cooperated although it did appear it wasn't going to on Saturday. It was bucketfuls coming past Bonn. The track was closed even before it opened for the tourists but I got my free lap in on Saturday, thanks to Magic77.

Sunday was excellent weather in the morning but turned cool in the afternoon with a threat of rain that never really started; had to use the intermittent windscreen wipers on one lap. I thought I did well in remembering most of the turns but still got caught out on some. And, I passed a GT-R! OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off. There was also a Sierra Cosworth with a definite blown engine spewing blue smoke all through the paddock.

Ran across a couple of Americans. One was there with his bike. I offered him a passenger lap before he took off on his maiden lap with his bike but he declined. He did take two later and said he was on the edge of his seat throughout. He also commented on how well the car stuck to the track.

While my laps weren't any threat to the track record I did enjoy the speed. I'll have to review the lap videos once I figure out how to download them. I know my top speed on one lap was at least 110mph which is good for me.

Three 'ring trips, 30 laps. I should have done more yesterday.

Carl, I went by myself. It was so boring.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #512
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
And, I passed a GT-R!
Are you sure you were going the right way around the circuit Floyd!!!!???
      09-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #513
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #514
Mr3
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
I just got back about 40 minute ago (1500 miles round trip) and had a blast of a time. The weather even cooperated although it did appear it wasn't going to on Saturday. It was bucketfuls coming past Bonn. The track was closed even before it opened for the tourists but I got my free lap in on Saturday, thanks to Magic77.

Sunday was excellent weather in the morning but turned cool in the afternoon with a threat of rain that never really started; had to use the intermittent windscreen wipers on one lap. I thought I did well in remembering most of the turns but still got caught out on some. And, I passed a GT-R! OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off. There was also a Sierra Cosworth with a definite blown engine spewing blue smoke all through the paddock.

Ran across a couple of Americans. One was there with his bike. I offered him a passenger lap before he took off on his maiden lap with his bike but he declined. He did take two later and said he was on the edge of his seat throughout. He also commented on how well the car stuck to the track.

While my laps weren't any threat to the track record I did enjoy the speed. I'll have to review the lap videos once I figure out how to download them. I know my top speed on one lap was at least 110mph which is good for me.

Three 'ring trips, 30 laps. I should have done more yesterday.

Carl, I went by myself. It was so boring.
Coming back in one piece is always good.
Give me a shout before you go again, might be able to give you a few pointers.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #515
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Are you sure you were going the right way around the circuit Floyd!!!!???
Yes, Steve. We were going the same way only one of us was going faster.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #516
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Yes, Steve. We were going the same way only one of us was going faster.
Or one of you was going slower....
      09-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #517
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off
Isn't that a bit like saying... "and i knocked Mike Tyson out in the ring! Ok, he was asleep at the time but.....!!!?"
You do make me laugh Floyd, you funny fella!!