E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help:Bluetooth Audio/Telephone stuck on "Please Wait"

02-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Help:Bluetooth Audio/Telephone stuck on "Please Wait"

Hello,

I just picked my car up from my mechanic for differential issues and now I am having problems with my Bluetooth Audio and Telephone. I cannot access anything that is Bluetooth related it just sits at the "Please Wait" loading screen. I also noticed that my USB in my armrest is not getting power at all...(no charge, not recognized by car).

I have searched and I already attempted deleting all BMW's from my Bluetooth in my phone, turning it on and off ect. Is it possible my mechanic unplugged something by mistake? He replaced the differential and driveshaft so I do not believe he was near anything that could effect these system. The car was sitting for approx 2 weeks and the battery lost its charge entirely and needed to be jumped after the install was complete and when I came to pick it up it was flat again since it was only test driven for a short distance.

Any help would be appreciated! (Could it be as simple as a fuse?) I have had the car since I picked it up from the dealer and this is the first time this happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Also I would like to add that the cigarette lighter is receiving power both the one in the armrest as well as the one next to the ash tray and AUX is not working either.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

check bluetooth and usb module connections in trunk under floor, behind rear seat backrest
      02-14-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Try putting a full charge on the battery before doing
anything else.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
All the cables look like they are in place and connected. Seems to look untouched. Battery is charged up and operating normally.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Did you find any solution here? I have had my 2012 F30 for 1,5 years now, and suddenly just before Christmas the car started saying "Please wait" in all bluetooth menus - so basically my entire bluetooth system (not the AUX/USB/Charger) is out of order at the moment - My local BMW dealer recommended a full car update which took several hours, but didn't help at all
      03-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
Did you find any solution here? I have had my 2012 F30 for 1,5 years now, and suddenly just before Christmas the car started saying "Please wait" in all bluetooth menus - so basically my entire bluetooth system (not the AUX/USB/Charger) is out of order at the moment - My local BMW dealer recommended a full car update which took several hours, but didn't help at all
Yes I did fix it. There's a cable under the steering wheel area, I believe it is the one BMW uses to update the iDrive. My mechanic connected it to a chip looking thing (similar to a USB) and it basically reset the entire iDrive system. Funny thing is my car went to the dealer before my mechanic and that's when it started happening.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #8
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSix View Post
Quote:
Yes I did fix it. There's a cable under the steering wheel area, I believe it is the one BMW uses to update the iDrive. My mechanic connected it to a chip looking thing (similar to a USB) and it basically reset the entire iDrive system. Funny thing is my car went to the dealer before my mechanic and that's when it started happening.
So they could connect and reset the system? I did think a massive update would reset the system but it either didn't or the device is broken.

Tried to find the Bluetooth fuse in my trunk to force it to reset (checked all the 5-10 fuses) but that didn't change anything either.
      03-13-2017, 12:10 AM   #9
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So they could connect and reset the system? I did think a massive update would reset the system but it either didn't or the device is broken.

Tried to find the Bluetooth fuse in my trunk to force it to reset (checked all the 5-10 fuses) but that didn't change anything either.
I'm not sure if the dealer has something similar but if you're located in so cal I can send you over to my mechanic and he can take a look at it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 12:11 AM   #10
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if the dealer has something similar but if you're located in so cal I can send you over to my mechanic and he can take a look at it.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #11
Jag66
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Quote:
I had the same ordeal with my 2012 335xi; took it to ERHART BMW of Farmington hills for a rear main seal replacement and I get the car back with no Bluetooth (stuck in Please Wait message).
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 07:38 PM   #12
Jag66
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

I had the same ordeal with my 2012 335xi; took it to ERHART BMW of Farmington hills for a rear main seal replacement and I get the car back with no Bluetooth (stuck in Please Wait message). Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #13
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag66 View Post
I had the same ordeal with my 2012 335xi; took it to ERHART BMW of Farmington hills for a rear main seal replacement and I get the car back with no Bluetooth (stuck in Please Wait message). Any ideas?
I? would go back and have them look at it. It seems like a reoccurring issue when cars leave the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 12:25 PM   #14
cassapo
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d

Quote:
Hello,

I just picked my car up from my mechanic for differential issues and now I am having problems with my Bluetooth Audio and Telephone. I cannot access anything that is Bluetooth related it just sits at the "Please Wait" loading screen. I also noticed that my USB in my armrest is not getting power at all...(no charge, not recognized by car).

I have searched and I already attempted deleting all BMW's from my Bluetooth in my phone, turning it on and off ect. Is it possible my mechanic unplugged something by mistake? He replaced the differential and driveshaft so I do not believe he was near anything that could effect these system. The car was sitting for approx 2 weeks and the battery lost its charge entirely and needed to be jumped after the install was complete and when I came to pick it up it was flat again since it was only test driven for a short distance.

Any help would be appreciated! (Could it be as simple as a fuse?) I have had the car since I picked it up from the dealer and this is the first time this happens.
I have the same problem! How you did?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #15
bimmer_bae
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X6

Happened to me too:(

The same thing happened when I took my 2014 X6 in for it's annual oil change. Bluetooth working fine when I went in and would automatically connect as soon as I got back in car. I usually streamed through iHeart radio. After the oil change when I got back in the car, it wouldn't connect. I have tried everything. I didn't want to think it was due to the service but after reading this, apparently it was.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #16
NoImDirtyDan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
Quote:
Are you talking about the OBD2 connector or a USB?? My 550 was at the dealership for getting the motor changed and a few other problems but when I got it back, bluetooth stopped working all of a sudden. Now it’s stuck on the «*waiting*» screen and my job requires me to answer calls in the car so this is making me crazy and the dealership isn’t answering my calls and requests
Not the OBDII, it was a small little port, I think it is used when the dealer updates the software for the iDrive. He put something in that reset the entire iDrive system. It's located behind the panel of the driver side foot well.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #17
luisbernal043
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i bmw sedan

has anyone figured it out please i have a 2015 328i i tried doing an update by usb by arm rest and nothing happened and Bluetooth stuck saying please wait but calls go work but music doesn't
Appreciate 0