E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wing mirror glass - recommended suppliers

01-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
Curzon
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 D3

Wing mirror glass - recommended suppliers

Hi all,

The drivers side wing mirror glass on my pre-lci E91 has started to deteriorate. It looks like it is de-laminating around the edges and the heated function has stopped working, not great at this time of year!

The glass appears to have a blue tint to it, can anyone recommend a source for OEM quality replacement glass? BMW aren't cheap, I have found some much cheaper options on line, but I am dubious about the quality.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers.
      01-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #2
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Sounds like you’ve got auto dimming door mirrors and the chromatic fluid has leaked. I think the way you can tell if they are or not is if they have a plastic frame round the outside of the glass then they are. Mine are fine but have wondered where I’d get a replacement if I ever needed to. I suspect they’re BMW only and very expensive!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 02:59 AM   #3
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

I have bought some non oem ones in the past and they were not that good, but that could have just been in my case. (They we’re quoted as oem quality), the glass/reflection at the wide angle end just didn’t look right, sort of warped.

I managed to find some new oem ones at a resonable price in the end.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 04:27 AM   #4
Curzon
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 D3

Cheers for the responses, in the end I have gone for an 'OE' quality replacement from Car Parts 4 Less, was approx. £37 with a discount code.

After some checking I didn't have the more expensive chromatic type.

There were some very cheap options, but I was dubious of the the quality.

Cheers.
      02-01-2019, 03:36 AM   #5
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
Cheers for the responses, in the end I have gone for an 'OE' quality replacement from Car Parts 4 Less, was approx. £37 with a discount code.

After some checking I didn't have the more expensive chromatic type.

There were some very cheap options, but I was dubious of the the quality.

Cheers.
After cracking my passenger side mirror so that I could reconnect the wiring for the heater element I went and bought a pair of eBay specials, I had actually replaced the drivers side a couple of years ago as they were odd (passenger side is tinted blue but drivers side was not), I've had no issue with that so I'll let you know how I get on with the new ones.... £20 for the pair..
Appreciate 0