E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Service costs?

02-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Armandaz
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 320D M-sport

Service costs?

My E92 320d is due for a service now, first ever car and I've got no clue how much I should be paying and if there are any recommended garages in London/Essex area.

I've called one independent garage and they quoted me roughly £70 for labour of doing a full service and then whatever the filters etc cost. I've had a look on eurocarparts and it comes out to roughly £95 for all 4 filters (oil/air/pollen/fuel) and 5L of engine oil is roughly £70-80. So all together that comes out to roughly £250.

Is that what I should be expecting to pay? Also would welcome if anyone knows of any decent garages in East London / Essex that they can recommend. I need to get the service done and also look at a few problems with washer jets not working and reseting some fault codes.

P.S is it even worth doing a full service? car has got 137K miles on it, but I plan on selling it in 10 months and upgrading to a LCI e92 330d. If so what filters don't necessarily need changing.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
N5GKP
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

If you don't plan on keeping it and only want to do a basic service bare minimum I'd recommend is the engine oil & oil filter. You'll need 5.2L of oil. But it depends how long it's been since it's last big service because with the CBS services on these cars it can be up to 4 years between air & fuel filter changes and iirc in the region of 30-36k miles too.

With regards to the washer jets not working, if you pull the stalk and can hear the pump but are getting little/no water at the windscreen it's likely your washer pump strainer is blocked, this happens when screenwashes are mixed, poor quality screen wash is used, or if the fluid is not used very often (think stagnant water). If this is the case, a short term fix can be disconnecting the hose at the washer jets and blowing back through towards the reservoir with compressed air. Long term fix is washer reservoir out, pump out & replace the strainer.