E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Will they write this off?

12-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #23
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Hard to say with out details..what did they say after inspection? Is the frame bent or anything? Other then that it looks like basic body hardware needs to be replaced. But who knows what's going on behind the front passenger side wheel looks like a mess. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #24
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List
just go in and pull out a part or two from the engine as well and be like, "shit dont start".

lol

but on a real note hope all goes in your favor OP
      01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
mikey23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330 Sport 6MT

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [6.66]
the verdict is .... theyre gonna repair it :S

estimated at $7100 damage which is less than 50% of the value of the car

Thanks for all the nice words guys appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #26
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

That cost is gonna rise a WHOLE lot more once they start tearing it apart.. My car had the same type of damage, price went up a lot once the car was at the shop, and the estimates were added on to.
      01-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #27
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey23 View Post
the verdict is .... theyre gonna repair it :S

estimated at $7100 damage which is less than 50% of the value of the car

Thanks for all the nice words guys appreciate it
7100??!? I find that hard to believe using bmw parts. God knows what's damaged besides the visible. Good luck. If you were in ny I'd get that totaled out for ya haha

Also, no offense at all but what the hell do they value your car at?? It's an 06 330i. It must be reallllyyy close. If get a second estimate elsewhere and see if they can bump that up a tiny bit.
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Have they found out what leaked out of the engine and why it was ticking? Honestly that would worry me more than the suspension/body damage. That stuff can be straightened/bolted on - even using used parts for non-moving stuff like subframe - but if your motor suffered accelerated internal wear as a result of running out of oil or something then it craps the bed 10K down the road you will be SOL unless you can find a good junkyard motor to swap in
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
That cost is gonna rise a WHOLE lot more once they start tearing it apart.. My car had the same type of damage, price went up a lot once the car was at the shop, and the estimates were added on to.
man I'm just seeing this. Make sure you do a thorough walk through once they get it to the shop. B/c when I had my slight damage I found a couple things the adjuster didn't find. And after all was said and done there were a couple things I didn't notice until they put the car back together.

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #30
mikey23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330 Sport 6MT

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [6.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS15 View Post
7100??!? I find that hard to believe using bmw parts. God knows what's damaged besides the visible. Good luck. If you were in ny I'd get that totaled out for ya haha

Yeah I thought it would be much more

Also, no offense at all but what the hell do they value your car at?? It's an 06 330i. It must be reallllyyy close. If get a second estimate elsewhere and see if they can bump that up a tiny bit.
I know its not worth alot. I think theyre estimating it at around 15k

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
Have they found out what leaked out of the engine and why it was ticking? Honestly that would worry me more than the suspension/body damage. That stuff can be straightened/bolted on - even using used parts for non-moving stuff like subframe - but if your motor suffered accelerated internal wear as a result of running out of oil or something then it craps the bed 10K down the road you will be SOL unless you can find a good junkyard motor to swap in
The engine leak was from a hose from the coolant resevoir that popped off. The engine also wasnt ticking in the shop so I dunno about that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Yeah I already have issues with some things the appraiser estimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
man I'm just seeing this. Make sure you do a thorough walk through once they get it to the shop. B/c when I had my slight damage I found a couple things the adjuster didn't find. And after all was said and done there were a couple things I didn't notice until they put the car back together.
Yeah they did miss a couple of things inside the bumper area. Also the headlight tab was cracked.

I guess all I can do is make sure the shop does a good job in fixing it and make sure its safe. Then probably sell it at a loss and move on with my life.
Already been looking at an e46 m3 as a replacement
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #31
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Yeah they did miss a couple of things inside the bumper area. Also the headlight tab was cracked.

I guess all I can do is make sure the shop does a good job in fixing it and make sure its safe. Then probably sell it at a loss and move on with my life.
Already been looking at an e46 m3 as a replacement
Im sure theres more you can do...if you know of things that are broken and not included in the estimate than speak up. I guarantee those "missing" things are missing on purpose in order to make the estimate look less expensive..

Think about it, if they estimate your damage at 7100, which is only 400 less than the 50% value, they save from totalling the car...even if the real repair bill comes out to 10k, they still saved 5k instead of totalling it out and paying you.
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #32
Rselby
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi Touring M-Sport

OP, go here:

http://www.hauryscollision.com/insurance-info/

Read. All of it. Then go back and read it again. All of it. Choose a good shop. Pursue diminished value. Make sure you get the coverage you are PAYING FOR for all these years. Use your agent/company to ensure you get taken care of by the other person's company.

In other words, it is up to YOU, the consumer, to hold your insurance company (or the company of the person who hit you...) accountable for making you whole. If you don't hold them accountable, you very likely won't get what you are legally owed. The responsible company will do as little as they can to settle the claim while making you "happy". Don't be happy 'til your car is fixed right.

And did I mention diminished value? I just sold a desirable car with accident history, and I had to sell the car several thousand dollars below market value due to this history. Diminished value payment during the settlement made up this difference (and then some).

Bottom line, it's your choice to hold the company accountable for making you whole again.

EDIT - Just noticed you're in Canada. Not sure how many of the typical US state laws apply up there as well. Regardless, this site might be well worth the read anyway. Anyone in the States who is facing a similar issue should also give it a read.

-Rick
1999 E36 M3 Coupe

Last edited by Rselby; 01-13-2013 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #33
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
The engine leak was from a hose from the coolant resevoir that popped off. The engine also wasnt ticking in the shop so I dunno about that anymore.
that actually makes me feel better about your chances of a successfull repair, so long as you didn't let it overheat.

I remember once having my dad's pickup truck let go on me (long story, involving underinflated tires and missed messages - basically, it wasn't anyone's fault but shouldn't have happened) and it had a "tick" after I stuffed it into an embankment which was the engine fan hitting the shroud which had been shifted ever so slightly. Hopefully it was something like that and won't be an issue in the future.

I'd also have them have a look at the engine mounts as well as if they were marginal before a good shock can shear them. I'm a little squirrely of engine mounts having had one let go completely in one of my old Studebakers - after I changed my underwear, I made my own "safety" mount out of a long bolt and some old sheared motor mount pieces. Granted it won't jam the throttle open on a Bimmer like it did on my old Stude but you do want everything to be in at least the condition it was in pre-incident.
Appreciate 0