E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > If you ever have an issue with your ECUs look no further!

03-07-2021, 11:23 PM   #1
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Before you open this thread, yes it's a review.

To start off, I ran into trouble when attempting to flash a tune by myself. After today I fully realize I was doing EVERYTHING wrong. Wrong WinKFP settings, my battery was extremely weak (it died the day before, and I didn't even drive it enough to charge it), I had it on a 1.1a trickle charger (battery tender) as if thats going to sustain the power I'll be using, my laptop wasn't plugged into power, and my KDCAN cable was from AliExpress.

After getting stuck in the recovery/boot mode I could not for the life of me flash back to stock. The DME wouldn't respond to anything. The fuel pump constantly primed when the ignition was on, it'd only crank but not start, and had a plethora of errors. It was a living nightmare. This being my only running vehicle, I needed it on the road ASAP.

Onto the review.
After losing nearly all hope and slowly convincing myself I had bricked my DME I called upon Bimmer ECU Solutions. Bimmergeeks recommended them to me when I asked them about the issue so I went straight to DMing them on Instagram. He first helped me troubleshoot, asking questions and judging by my answers gave me things to try. After having no success doing it on my own I called him in. I asked if it could be done when I got off work at 7PM. Without question he agreed. Got home and situated and at 8PM on a Sunday, he was in my laptop wizzing away fixing my problem. Within a matter of minutes he had done what I couldn't do in hours. Truly knowledgeable, and faster than anyone I've seen on these programs, I am as impressed as I am appreciative. If you have any doubts or issues you can't resolve yourself after hours of trying, I highly recommend their service. They most definitely have my business for life. Thank you bimecu!!