E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 325D M57 Coolant Loss - EGR Cooler ?

12-20-2023, 06:47 PM   #1
Mojo1987
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325d E90

325D M57 Coolant Loss - EGR Cooler ?

Morning all, new to forum and need some help

I've had a coolant leak on my 325d (m57) for a long while! I've just been lazy and putting it off and just keep topping it up ... I've had some sugestions e.g. coolant neck under the inlet manifold, EGR thromostat oring, etc but visually I couldnt find anything on the outside ..

I've read on forums the egr cooler can crack inside and slowly leak into the exhaust side and into the engine, which can cause water loss with no signs of a leak, this can be shown inside the egr cooler as a "clean exchange / wet look" where it should be dry and black e.g. sooty ...

Well I took the inlet manifold pipe off mine to check mine and it looks like this (see photos). Its wet and not dry soot ... the cars done 112k and thats the original part as far as i know! has anyone else had there cooler off and can let me know what theres looked like when looking inside? ��

To me this looks a issue but want confirmation before spending ££

p.s. sorry for my night time photo shoot

Thankyou ��
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 10:09 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Also check the bottom of the radiator is not bulging and letting water seep out. This is what happened with mine at around 90k miles.
Appreciate 0