Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel Lock Mystery

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
Tedmondsjr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i (e91)

Wheel Lock Mystery

Bought an e91 last month with wheel locks. Realized last week that the key is not in the car, and dealership I bought it from cannot find the key.

Before I hammer sockets onto these locks, or visit a few tire installers, I’m hoping someone will have an idea as to the brand or type of wheel lock on my car. Several searches of this site have turned up nothing similar.

The locks appear to be identical, so I’ve got 20 mystery locks to deal with. All have 6 splines that extend to the top of the bolt head. Many of the splined aftermarket locks have splines that stop before the top of the bolt head, so this might be a clue.

Opinions and insults welcome. God knows I deserve the later for not checking before I bought the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

lol you can buy that key on eBay. Google spline drive lug nuts
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #3
Tedmondsjr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i (e91)

^ your advice was perfect. Thanks to you I’m able to remove my wheels.
Appreciate 1