E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E93 M-sport Alignment (S704A)

05-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
stefank
Rep
Drives: 2008 330d E93 M-sport

E93 M-sport Alignment (S704A)

I have a 2008 330d E93 with M-sport suspension. In last time I have been making alingments four times (last one today), 'till I understood that problem is they did aligments for standard suspension. When I told them on the phone now (because I've been Googling for hours), they told me that they don't have M-sport suspension in the system, only standard or M3.

As I think, this sheet is correct so I should just follow its parameters?

https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...2&d=1396991735

I'll post my last two results, from yesterday and today, if you could me is that fine and should I touch it anymore.

We have many more or less bumpy roads here, but I think my car is hyper-sensitive to them, when I move hand off the steering wheel on many roads I still get a little left-right shaking, smaller than before but here it is again, and also I have like a strange feeling from rear end of the car while driving, like it still isn't aligned well. Should I get the alignment one time more, to try to get 1.50 to the rear end camber or I wouldn't get it much better still then? As I see on the PDF sheet from link above, sport suspension shouldn't have more than 0.05 rear camber declination?

Also, is it unusual that my left and right casters are in more than 0.5 difference? Seems like a problem, or not? PDF says no more than 0.3. How to fix that, if I need to?

I translated first photo of my alignment report because it was in my language, the other one has data sorted in same order, hope it won't confuse you. Thanks in advance.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

That alignment is likely "good enough" for what you need the car to do.

If you're truly experiencing the issues you're describing, I'd start looking at bushings and hard parts before assuming it's the fault of the alignment specs posted, which you seem to be apprehensive about.
Appreciate 1
stefank10.50
      05-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
That alignment is likely "good enough" for what you need the car to do.

If you're truly experiencing the issues you're describing, I'd start looking at bushings and hard parts before assuming it's the fault of the alignment specs posted.
I agree with this. Loose feeling or a wandering rear end is indicative of bushings.
Appreciate 1
stefank10.50
      05-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
stefank
Rep
Drives: 2008 330d E93 M-sport

I recently changed 2 front bushings (took Lemforder ones), they were indeed in bad condition, but my mechanic told me that on rear axle everything seems fine. I will tell him to look again better then.

I was afraid about maybe some previous damage because rear left camber couldn't be set up less than -1.44, they really tried to (because in their specs it showed 1.25-1.35 for normal range), but as factory says -1.50 is ideal I think that it shouldn't be a case.

So you suggest me not to do more alignments, but to put off rear bushings and check those? Yes, there is exactly wandering rear feeling, as I pass on even the smallest unevenness on road, I can feal like something from behind. Because our roads here are not so good, it just pisses me off.

But also, even after changing front ones and all these alingments, on some slightly bumpy roads there is a tendece on steering wheel to shake. It is very rare now and very slight, but I think it could be gone at all, or not? Could that have anything to do with this difference betfeen left and right claster?
Appreciate 0