E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 electric brake retorfit from e65 or f10?

05-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
kampis13
Rep
Drives: E91

Question E90 electric brake retorfit from e65 or f10?

Hi. Im new to forums. I accidently found electric parking brake nicht_active in kombi module. That made my think retrofitting from e65 or f10 is possible. If i would buy e65 handbrake module and tap in bus would it work? Any one have thoughts or information about this?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampis13 View Post
Hi. Im new to forums. I accidently found electric parking brake nicht_active in kombi module. That made my think retrofitting from e65 or f10 is possible. If i would buy e65 handbrake module and tap in bus would it work? Any one have thoughts or information about this?
This would be quite a retrofit.

However it requires a lot more than you think.

For starters the electric parking brake is 2 stage. When the engine is running the vehicle is held on the callipers via the DSC. Then when engine goes off the parking brake shoes are engaged.

I'd definitely be interested in this. Have you look at any DSC coding yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
kampis13
Rep
Drives: E91

I will check, when i will have time, never looked in that module. This would be very cool. Of course it can be done with linear actuator, but then auto release wouldnt work. We will try to do it the right way��
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 11:58 AM   #4
AshwinLB
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I’ve been really intrigued on doing an electronic parking brake retrofit on my 135i for anti-theft purposes since it’s a manual. (yes kinda pointless since you can still roll it away with the rear wheels in the air but anything to make it harder is a win imo).

Has anyone attempted this? All the connections required are present on the e9x/e82 in the rear (pt-can from ekp fuel pump module, f-dfavl front left wheel speed from tcu radio module) but the only thing that makes me think this isn’t possible is if the e90 dsc can’t interpret the signals the e70 EMF puts out such as to hold the hydraulic brakes for parking brake when the engine is running.

I might just buy the e70 emf actuator and physically test if this can work (pricey tho lol). If I can’t get this to work, I’ll probably go with an e-stopp electronic parking brake conversion but I wanted to explore this OEM solution since it has OEM safeties built in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0