E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Doors unlocking by themselves

05-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
ShyGuy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Doors unlocking by themselves

I have a E92 335i w/Comfort Access and no factory alarm. I've always had an issue of returning to my car and finding the doors unlocked (door lock pin in raised position) even though I clearly remember locking the doors.

Just yesterday I ran into this issue again. I clearly remember touching the door handle as I left my vehicle to lock the doors and watched the lock pin drop. When I returned about 2 hours later, I found the car unlocked.

Has anyone run into any issue like this before? Any clue what could be the cause?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Are your keys getting triggered in your pockets?

If your keyfob could be knocking up against something in your pocket the unlock switch may be getting triggered.

One thing you could do to test this is to put your key in a mentos tin which
blocks the radio signal leaving no possibility of sending an unlock signal(or lock signal) .

I know if I leave my fob in my pocket while washing the car the locks sometime go crazy.

I have CA
Appreciate 0