E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > complete bush kits?

02-03-2019, 01:16 AM   #1
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

complete bush kits?

I'm starting to think about renewing all the suspension bushes, starting with the rear end. Under heavy acceleration the rear feels a bit vague. I could start replacing the odd bush here and the odd bush there but as their such a PITA to do I'm thinking I would be better getting every single bush and links then drop the subframe and do them all, making it a much easier job. Obviously I'll set aside a few days to do it.
Has anybody done it this way and found a supplier where you can buy the whole lot in one go? Or is it a case of buying them all individually from here there and everywhere? Going to do the shock absorbers as well at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 03:17 AM   #2
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Do you mean something like this?

http://www.strongflexuk.co.uk/bmw/3-...-bush-kit.html

This is something I had planned on doing myself, along with new engine mounts (if required) and uprated gearbox mounts (M3 spec). I'd imagine after 125k miles that mine would benefit from being done!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 07:46 AM   #3
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah that sort of idea but in rubber. I don’t trust those polly bushes to not be quiet! I’ve put some powerflex inserts into my rear subframe bushes which had the desired effect of stopping axle tramp but at certain rpm’s under load I get an annoying drone, sounds like induction roar!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #4
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiS330d View Post
Yeah that sort of idea but in rubber. I don’t trust those polly bushes to not be quiet! I’ve put some powerflex inserts into my rear subframe bushes which had the desired effect of stopping axle tramp but at certain rpm’s under load I get an annoying drone, sounds like induction roar!

I know what you mean, I suppose the best compromise then would be to use M3 parts where possible. For instance, the front arms are easier to replace as a whole unit as opposed to trying to do the bushes alone and seeing as M3 arms would come with brand new higher spec bushes and a favourable geometry then you may as well well go the M3 spec route.

I'm sure there are plenty of threads about it with part numbers etc, I'll have a look and post a link...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #5
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep

Has anybody fitted these or similar? Good idea or not?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123191326138
Appreciate 0