E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Hifi w/tweeters please recommend full overhaul

05-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Hifi w/tweeters please recommend full overhaul

I have the Hifi w/ tweeters and i am looking to upgrade!

I woul like to to replace the front and rear components, add a enclosed sub in the trunk for low end and I would also like to replace the under seats with EQ SWS's. I would prefer to run this all of of one amp but i know that is unlikely.

Please list everything that is needed.

So far what i am choosing;

10" JL W6
Stealth enclosure
http://cgi.ebay.com/M3-E92-BMW-SUB-B...item5190c63508

or

2 12" W3s
With this enclosure
http://subthump.com/BMW-Sub-Boxes/20...woofer-En.html

Last edited by StatenEye; 05-10-2011 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i Black on Black

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
My suggestion is to contact Ken@ musicarnw(VPElectricity on the forums) They do all sorts of overhauls on bmw's. He is helping me with my 2011 base audio upgrade in my 128i. What I ended up doing:
Morel Dotech Components upfront
Morel Underseat woffers
Stock rear speakers
JBL MS-8
JL HD 900/5
Image Dynamics sub in the trunk

In the process of the install and can't wait to hear it!
BACK ON TOPIC, Ken is your best bet if you want to do it right!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
vp fiberglass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: missing my e46 Touring

Well, the good news is that you're starting with HiFI. HiFI has a nice flat signal coming from the headunit, negating the need for advanced DSP to get a usable signal. So, you'll save some dollars right there.

If you're going to be adding a trunk sub, I'd suggest a different underseat woofer, preferably the Jehnerts. The Morels take require significant modification to the underseat enclosure to fit the E92 properly. The EQ SWS-8s are more of a subwoofer, not as good at midbass, and we recommend them for system designs that aren't incorporating a trunk-sub. The Jehnerts will do a better job with the mid-bass transition between the underseat and the 4" in the door.

I'll defer to Ken (VP Electricity) for more in-depth component recs, I just build and install this stuff. Visit the website and send an email from the contact page, www.musicarnw.com. But if you can wait a few weeks, we'll be shipping our new E92 sub-bass package with 12" subwoofer. It fits neatly in the right corner of the trunk, doesn't take up any floor space and is hand-dyed to match the existing BMW trunkliner. And best of all, you won't have to buy anything from "CRAZYASSSTEREOS"
      05-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp fiberglass View Post
Well, the good news is that you're starting with HiFI. HiFI has a nice flat signal coming from the headunit, negating the need for advanced DSP to get a usable signal. So, you'll save some dollars right there.

If you're going to be adding a trunk sub, I'd suggest a different underseat woofer, preferably the Jehnerts. The Morels take require significant modification to the underseat enclosure to fit the E92 properly. The EQ SWS-8s are more of a subwoofer, not as good at midbass, and we recommend them for system designs that aren't incorporating a trunk-sub. The Jehnerts will do a better job with the mid-bass transition between the underseat and the 4" in the door.

I'll defer to Ken (VP Electricity) for more in-depth component recs, I just build and install this stuff. Visit the website and send an email from the contact page, www.musicarnw.com. But if you can wait a few weeks, we'll be shipping our new E92 sub-bass package with 12" subwoofer. It fits neatly in the right corner of the trunk, doesn't take up any floor space and is hand-dyed to match the existing BMW trunkliner. And best of all, you won't have to buy anything from "CRAZYASSSTEREOS"
I sent an email to Ken but have not received a reply..

I already ordered a rear subs and box unfortunately.. I went with the new JL XD 600 pushing 2 12" W3s.. in a replica if the JL stealth box. The Morel under seats and components I will plan to drive with the XD 400/4. Those amps are tiny lol.
Appreciate 0