E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E91 water leak/wet carpet

11-30-2018, 03:55 AM   #1
DeivisVai
Rep
Drives: Bmw e91 325d

E91 water leak/wet carpet

Hi,
Does anybody had a trouble with wet carpet in your bmw? I have problem with water leak in my bmw e91. All the time after raining I found wet carpet in back of driver side. Passenger side is fully dry, problem is only with driver side. Also in front is a little wet, but it seems, like water goes from front to back, because front is way more dry than back, it seems like all water stays in back, or all water goes to back ant when it is so much water in back, it is floating to front for a little.
I checked door seal and found, that seal is not sealed fully, and I sealed it and thought that problem solved, but not. After, I saw water leaking from front doorstep, and found that front doors have little movement from down to up and changed door hinge to new. Now front door stay stable, but problem still not solved.
Service checked all drainages (near front window, door, front window seal) and they said its fine... they didn’t checked bottom plug, but I think, it have not influence to my problem, because when car stay and it’s raining, i found wet carpet.
Car is without sunroof.
Also, car had a little bump to this side, and after this, back door was changed to another, but doors was without rubber around door, and I decided to glue used rubber around door. Unfortunately I saw, that this rubber is not glued correctly and have little space between each other. Maybe this have any influence to water leak? I’m thinking maybe I should change these doors to another, because I have no idea where else to search the problem.
Also, when I’m driving a car, I hear a little sound from outdoor like window is not closed fully, but all windows are closed.
Maybe anybody have ideas where can be a problem?
Maybe mechanics who checked drainage, didn’t checked well and should drive to another service?
Maybe window seal is not good in outdoors?
It is so annoying problem, and sometimes thinking just sell a car and take another.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
aholst048
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 328i xDrive

Have the vapor barrier behind the door card checked out. BMWs are notorious for having the rope-seal failing and allowing water to run past the barrier and between the door card and the door. If that's the cause, a new vapor barrier + a roll of rope-seal is pretty inexpensive from the dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:16 AM   #3
Bakerc_1993
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I E90 2006

did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same issue but on the rear passenger footwell! Rained heavily over night and now i have a small puddle in the back again. Only happens when it rains.
Appreciate 0