E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help me diagnose my 318i e90 please

04-12-2024, 01:46 AM   #1
LakeCocoa
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320i

Help me diagnose my 318i e90 please

Hey everybody, this is gonna be a bit of a longer one but stay with me haha.

So I have bought a 2008 BMW E90 318i with the N43 engine. Recently I have started to get some issues with the engine:

1. Rough start and idle, smell of gas

The car, when turned on completely cold (12+ hours before last drive) turns on normally, and when the rpms drop to around 1000, the car idles very roughly, shaking and just being unpleasant.

On the other hand, when I turn the car on when its warm (I went out to eat and came back to the car after 2-3 hours) it starts awfully, it gets stuck around 500 rpms, striggling to start and then eventually starts, but once it stalled out on me in the same way.

2. Loss of power

The car has an obvious lack of power, more so in the higher rpms, well after 2500 rpms, it feels like the car has the same power curve and no torque. Literally my Skoda Fabia 1.0 fsi feels faster when i give it throttle in 1st or 2nd.

Things I have changed so far are:

Radiator
Spark plugs
Thermostat

When I hooked the car up on diagnostics, the only faults were an abs cable and a lambda sonda/nox sensor fault.

Could this all be because of this sensor?

All help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0