E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Accelerator pedal module?

02-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Dhillon92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi

Accelerator pedal module?

I posted this in the general section following up with a battery replacement.

I got these current codes and figured it was a low battery causong an issue, considering my battery was at the end of its life. Replaced battery and registered and codes are still active with limp mode.

No response from the accelerater pedal and idle is pretty shaky.

Any ideas? Thanks
Attached Images

02-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
Dhillon92
Captain
Rep

Checked most of the sensors under the hood that may have been related, connections are secure.

Any specific fuses i should also check?

All ideas welcone im pretty stumped with this, id hate to buy another pedal just for the problem to be something else.

Last edited by Dhillon92; 02-06-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #3
JuniorB
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 e60 525 N54

If your still looking, there is a tps sensor on the pedal, sounds like it needs to be replaced. No response from the pedal is an indication that it needs replacing.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

But you also have a sensor supply voltage out of range fault.

I'd see if you can borrow a gas pedal off a local mate for 15mins before buying one. I think you have issues elsewhere. When you have various faults you need to look further up the tree and see what is common to them all.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #5
Dhillon92
Captain
Rep

Finding a gas pedal for a 6mt n55 in my area to borrow has proven to be quite difficult.

I also figured its got to be the pedal, but considering everything is a short circuit to earth, and a lack of supply to dme, id hate to buy a pedal i dont need.

I checked couple of the ground connections on the motor and chassis and they seem to be in pretty good shape.

Ill also take a look at the throttle body to see if theres any obvious sensors that seem disconnected or damaged.

Any further advice/guidance on where else to look would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #6
artillery
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Did you ever find the culprit to this issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 07:13 AM   #7
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i l 328xi l X5M

I would target the plugins on the throttle body. Maybe even take the intake manifold of to inspect for damage wiring. I also don't believe its just the pedal. But definitely check the pedal sensor. Keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 08:01 AM   #8
artillery
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiFFv1 View Post
I would target the plugins on the throttle body. Maybe even take the intake manifold of to inspect for damage wiring. I also don't believe its just the pedal. But definitely check the pedal sensor. Keep us updated
Been dealing with the same issue for a couple months now. Limp mode due to accelerator pedal module sensor 1&2. Replaced pedal, Ran through all the harness', all checks out. Saw a pin diagram and it called for 5volts to pin 3&5 to the pedal. Car is getting voltage to the pedal so I'm pretty stumped. Have tried two other pedals wit no luck. Does anyone know if the accelerator pedal module has a fuse?

Last edited by artillery; 04-26-2019 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 09:21 AM   #9
artillery
Rep

mhd shows

- DME active codes -
27D9 - Accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor 1, electrical: Short circuit to B+.
27DB - Accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor 2, electrical: Short circuit to B+.

- DME shadow (inactive) codes -
27E4 - Accelerator-pedal module, pedal-travel sensor Multiple fault.

These are the only codes. The car fires right up and idles completely fine. Just ran a meter over the fuses behind the glove and also through the white box under the bay. All fuses checked out. Also went through all the connections on the intake side. Not sure what to do next besides part-out and do it through warranty work but I'd rather save the time if it's something minor. Anything will help, thanks in advance.

Last edited by artillery; 04-26-2019 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 01:23 AM   #10
Dhillon92
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery View Post
mhd shows

- DME active codes -
27D9 - Accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor 1, electrical: Short circuit to B+.
27DB - Accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor 2, electrical: Short circuit to B+.

- DME shadow (inactive) codes -
27E4 - Accelerator-pedal module, pedal-travel sensor Multiple fault.

These are the only codes. The car fires right up and idles completely fine. Just ran a meter over the fuses behind the glove and also through the white box under the bay. All fuses checked out. Also went through all the connections on the intake side. Not sure what to do next besides part-out and do it through warranty work but I'd rather save the time if it's something minor. Anything will help, thanks in advance.
Buy a new accelerator pedal, my module -which is built into the pedal, was corroded, replaced the whole thing, was a couple hundred bucks or something. Problem solved
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

How can you guys troubleshoot like this without referencing TIS diagrams ? Check the diagrams to see how many connections are involved and whether some are fused and where on the DME they connect.. You cannot troubleshoot like this shooting in the dark..
You also have to compare the different pedal levels A B D etc to see if its all or one or what
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 12:07 AM   #12
artillery
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon92 View Post
Buy a new accelerator pedal, my module -which is built into the pedal, was corroded, replaced the whole thing, was a couple hundred bucks or something. Problem solved
Already has been attempted with two functioning pedals.. Only leads I have is the pin on the dme. Plug X60001, no fuses are mentioned towards the accelerator module
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 12:13 AM   #13
artillery
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
How can you guys troubleshoot like this without referencing TIS diagrams ? Check the diagrams to see how many connections are involved and whether some are fused and where on the DME they connect.. You cannot troubleshoot like this shooting in the dark..
You also have to compare the different pedal levels A B D etc to see if its all or one or what
LOL all diagrams, troubleshooting etc have been researched/looked over more than 3x before I've attempted to reach out on a forum.. I can show you the diagrams but it honestly seems you don't have much to say on this specific topic, except just pointing out the obvious.. All relays and fuses have been replaced for the hell of it. Local shops have all pointed me to replace the dme. Logs show 0% accel pos. Sent CAS and Key to a reputable coder/programmer. Replacement dme comes in this week
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 07:15 AM   #14
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
LOL all diagrams, troubleshooting etc have been researched/looked over more than 3x before I've attempted to reach out on a forum.. I can show you the diagrams but it honestly seems you don't have much to say on this specific topic, except just pointing out the obvious.. All relays and fuses have been replaced for the hell of it. Local shops have all pointed me to replace the dme. Logs show 0% accel pos. Sent CAS and Key to a reputable coder/programmer. Replacement dme comes in this week
So tell us then pls when you log the pedal sensors for the different level what results are you getting ? Since you have done it all... give us some concrete results
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #15
Nick54
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i xdrive manual

Quote:
was the DME the problem in the end? you have a 2011 meaning its an MSD81 correct?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #16
boogybren
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36

I’ve been dealing with a similar issue on my F36:

103001 accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor 1, electric: Short circuit to positive

I had an MHD OTS flash with a JB4 BEF. I know this issue didn’t exist before I used MHD’s tool so I flashed it back to stock and it immediately resolved the issue. I then re-flashed with the JB4 BEF and the issue remained resolved.

Just posting my experience here with the hope it may help others in their troubleshooting.
Appreciate 0