E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 2011 BMW 328 - Headlight Bulb Replacement

04-01-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
cbrucato
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i xDrive SULEV

2011 BMW 328 - Headlight Bulb Replacement

Hi guys! I need your expertise on how to gain access and remove the black plastic cover covering the right HID headlight bulb on my 2011 328XI xDrive SULEV. So far everything that I've seen online doesn't look like what I have. There is a lot of great videos about how to replace the headlights but they don't look like what I have. The videos I've seen shows opening a panel in the wheel well and then opening a cover with a metal clip. This isn't the case for me. I have a cover that has torx screws on the cover and I'm wondering how I replace mine. It's driving me crazy I haven't gotten it fixed yet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrucato View Post
Hi guys! I need your expertise on how to gain access and remove the black plastic cover covering the right HID headlight bulb on my 2011 328XI xDrive SULEV. So far everything that I've seen online doesn't look like what I have. There is a lot of great videos about how to replace the headlights but they don't look like what I have. The videos I've seen shows opening a panel in the wheel well and then opening a cover with a metal clip. This isn't the case for me. I have a cover that has torx screws on the cover and I'm wondering how I replace mine. It's driving me crazy I haven't gotten it fixed yet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is it as simple as just removing the torx screws? Do you have actual images of your headlights?

I can't imagine it's anything too crazy.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

put car on stands
remove front wheel
remove front inner fender liner
remove dust cover
replace bulb.

assembly is the reverse of disassembly.

sure, you can try and do it through that little access flap, or you could just take 15 minutes to pull the fender liner because you love yourself.
Appreciate 0