E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread

Closed Thread

12-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #2245
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Hey guys...some things ya just can't make up...

To close the file on the bad seller, missing gloss black grills story. Here ya go...you're gonna laugh or sorta cry in my case....As you saw I finally got a tracking number from the seller after asking multiple times with no response. So I filed a claim with UPS and the tracking number said it was delivered the day before thanksgiving??? So I finally got a call today confirming that they did deliver it along with the address and time it was delivered.
However after I heard the address read, the mystery was solved!!! It was in fact delivered but to a house 2 blocks from mine!! or was it!!??.....I got on line to find out who lives there and get their phone number. After a quick search, I was pumped to locate their name and phone number and made the call....ring ring ring ring.......only to get, "I'm sorry but this number has been disconnected!!!"

Next idea. I called my neighbor who lives 2 houses from where it was delivered on his cell and asked him if he knew who lived there and if he might know there name/phone number. (remember it was delivered over a week ago and no one at that address has called UPS or tried to figure out where it should have gone etc) My buddy said "oh that house, its been under renovation for 3 months and I am not sure who bought it!"

So now I am convinced that the package got delivered and will be sitting either on the front step, in the bushes, around the side or whatever.
Left work today and made my way there. I drove up to the house and the lights were on but it was clear that a painter was working inside. I walked up to the front door, looked around, nothing. Check the side of the house...nothing. Walked to the back and ran into the painter. I asked him, "hey have you seen a small box that was delivered here last week?"...he said, "I did and I brought it inside!".....finally I can get these stupid grills which I have been battling with a tough seller over for weeks!!!
Walked in the house and saw the box. It looked kinda big but whatever its finally over. He said "is this it?" and I said "yea I think so, but it looks kinda big?"...so he bent over and took out his knife and opened it...........much to my dismay, it contained the speakers for the surround sound system being installed!!!...Then the painter goes on telling me how much money the new buyers are spending on the house etc etc etc of which I heard nothing and was thinking in my head WTF...Am I being punked, by a painter/actor????? I go on asking, are you sure there wasn't any other box delivered. He adamantly says "NOPE, I have been here every day for the last few weeks and would know what boxes were delivered" As I looked around this million dollar house I saw lots of boxes with floor tiles, audio equipment, appliances etc etc so I asked again, "Are you sure??" And again he says "YEP, I'm sure".
So now I am thinking, UPS verified that it was deliver to this house on November 24th at 1pm!!! Where the fu*k are they!!! As a last ditch effort I said, "do you mind if I look around?"....he says "sure, knock yourself out", which I did not find funny. I take 5 steps and turn the corner into the dining room and what do ya know.............................there they are sitting right on the dining room table with the box WIDE OPEN!! So I say "guess what, here they are!"...and he says "golly gee (or something to that effect) never saw those there, my guys (who he failed to mention thusfar) musta been here when they arrived and opened them up".....then he says "what are they?" as I picked up my box and left without answering!!!!!!

Good news is they are exactly as originally described, very nice Gloss black grills that my favorite seller purchased from IND and never installed. They are brand new and shiny. Because of the all the non-communication, I did buy another set that should be here Monday (according to the tracking the good seller sent me) so these will be for sale, along with the matte black ones I currently have. Some guys are wheel whores...I fell like a grill whore, which is odd...

hope you enjoyed..
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #2246
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Sh*t Reed you need to write a book!! I am interested in a test fit sir, but lets play it by ear based on the weather this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #2247
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Sh*t Reed you need to write a book!! I am interested in a test fit sir, but lets play it by ear based on the weather this weekend.
Golly gee, that is a funny story....just sounds miserable to go thru. Either way it was a shitty situation to be in.

Oh well, glad it's all resolved. I still don't think you are in the wrong for anything just results of poor communication on the sellers' parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #2248
Reedomn
Major
Rep

Quote:
I felt like I did after reading my own post!!....I think I need to wait for the other grills to arrive Monday ...we'll figure out a time next week for a test run...they really look nice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Golly gee, that is a funny story....just sounds miserable to go thru. Either way it was a shitty situation to be in.

Oh well, glad it's all resolved. I still don't think you are in the wrong for anything just results of poor communication on the sellers' parts.
Thanks....it was like a plane crash....just series of weird events that lead to a disaster!!!..all i ever wanted was a TRACKING NUMBER....
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #2249
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

So bottom line is he sent it to the wrong address? Or where did the address mix-up come from?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #2250
Reedomn
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
So bottom line is he sent it to the wrong address? Or where did the address mix-up come from?
it actually loos like UPS typed the wrong address.......which we all would have known if I had a tracking number!! The last thing I wanted to do was make this a "public dispute"...but he just wouldn't respond..

on another note, the other guy who bought "chrome black" OEM grills from this seller was actually sent OEM M3 grills....he is very pissed still.........there have been many pm's between us.........
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #2251
cyrus4u
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Hey guys...some things ya just can't make up...
wow! what a story. Kudos to you for not giving up!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #2252
MNm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Le Mans Blue e90 M3

Reed, that is a funny story (probably not that funny to you, but at least you figured it out). I had a similar one once, except my package was delivered to my next door neighbor's house on accident. They live out of town in the winter and for a good week I had no idea where it was and got so pissed, calling the seller, shipper etc...

One day I was out front getting the mail and something told me to go to the neighbor's house and sure enough, there it was. So frustrating. For you and the seller.
      12-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #2253
Reedomn
Major
Rep

Hey guys...thinking about getting these. They are OEM. Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

thanks, Reed

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463449
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #2254
cyrus4u
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys...thinking about getting these. They are OEM. Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

thanks, Reed

Go for it!! I recently bought these for my e90 from bmw of bloomfield (on ebay) new for $250 shipped. They look way better than the stock tail lights.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #2255
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
thanks, Reed
I'm selling my JleviSW Clear top tail lights.

They look like this:

I've had them for a little more than a year. Only bad thing is that the tabs for inner tail lights are broken. At start up, they do flicker and shows a light error, but later disappears. $180 and it's yours.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #2256
ajvee
Major
Rep

Can someone tell me why these are called blacklines? Purely out of curiosity, why does BMW sell two types of OEM taillights? Is this is a face lifted version?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #2257
ajvee
Major
Rep

In other news, my new boss (lady) has an 2011 S4 on order with the stasis software and exhaust. She supposedly had an E36 BMW with an M3 engine swap. Any good regional Audi forums that I could recommend for her?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #2258
cyrus4u
Private
Rep

Quote:
In other news, my new boss (lady) has an 2011 S4 on order with the stasis software and exhaust. She supposedly had an E36 BMW with an M3 engine swap. Any good regional Audi forums that I could recommend for her?
mnaudi.com - Local Audi enthusiast community and a plethora of info in this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #2259
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Can someone tell me why these are called blacklines? Purely out of curiosity, why does BMW sell two types of OEM taillights? Is this is a face lifted version?
I don't know exactly where the name comes from. My taillights are the 'blacklines' and I'd assume because it the top part is all shaded/blacked out clear compared to the red and white of OEM.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #2260
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That sounds like one cool boss!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #2261
Reedomn
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I'm down with any OEM mod; I think they look good!

Nick
I think i agree.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Reed,

At least it's done. I would still give a neutral review to the guy for being a dog shit communicator. Since he did ship the goods, I don't think it's a negitive review but not postitive either. People gotta learn from their bad's.

Nick
I am thinking the same thing....the problem is I asked him to respond so many times with nothing....but we are MN nice ..aren't we??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus4u View Post
Go for it!! I recently bought these for my e90 from bmw of bloomfield (on ebay) new for $250 shipped. They look way better than the stock tail lights.
$250 is a good deal..!!.....funny, that is where the seller said he bought them from....i have a lower offer on the table......we'll see.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
I'm selling my JleviSW Clear top tail lights.

They look like this:

I've had them for a little more than a year. Only bad thing is that the tabs for inner tail lights are broken. At start up, they do flicker and shows a light error, but later disappears. $180 and it's yours.
thanks but I am sticking to OEM ....don't want to deal with errors/flicking etc...

Quote:
the blackline name is because of the blackline around the perimeter of the light .....

it is kinda weird that they sell these?? ....I think BMW felt guilty about changing the taillight design one year into the e90's M3's life cycle......

Quote:
I use to be an avid poster on Audiworld when I had the S4 and then A6 4.2.......
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #2262
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Here are my 'blacklines'. I guess I can see the black lines around the perimeter...never knew that's where the name came from.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #2263
cyrus4u
Private
Rep

Quote:
$250 is a good deal..!!.....funny, that is where the seller said he bought them from....i have a lower offer on the table......we'll see.....
I think they were listed for around $265 or so. I emailed them and asked if they would be willing to deal outside of ebay. They agreed and gave me $15 off their ebay price
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #2264
ajvee
Major
Rep

The GTR's Reputation!?

I hope you guys are enjoying the snow!

Anyway, I wanted to discuss the GTR. The car soundly beats the porsche 911 turbo in both a straight line and the track. The car is even faster than the 997.2, the version that was intended to take care of this disparity.

The point I don't understand is that I don't think that car journalists and car enthusiasts are comfortable in accepting that the GTR is a special car. Before the GTR, the 911 turbo was clearly recognized for its straight line ability and superior track times, but now that we have a faster car in both these regards with the GTR, it seems like these two criteria have been dropped off. Case in point, the EVO magazine article comparing the SLS AMG, GTR, and the latest 911 turbo. The conclusion for the SLS AMG and the 911 turbo (GTR came in 3rd) was not based on track times and straight line ability though there is little to pick between these cars based on performance. However, I feel that track times and straight line ability should be prime criteria for this comparison as these are high performance cars. If this was the case, the GTR would have won!

Don't get me wrong, I think drive-ability, interior quality, feel, aesthetics, etc. are all important criteria, but the point of cars like this is that they need to go fast! At times, this is where a bit of brand consciousness and traditional snobbery kicks in. Qualifying statements such as, "At the end of the day, it is still a Nissan....", "It will never match the history and tradition of the 911...." are unfair in my opinion as they take away from the fact that it is a great car!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #2265
Reedomn
Major
Rep

Driving around this morning was fun...in the Yukon of course...M3 is napping.
Funny you bring up the GTR. A friend of mine (perfect car for his mid life crisis) has a red one (not the color I would have picked) and they are quite amazing vehicles, especially for the price. I recently read an article about how Nissan totally screwed up by not badging it as an Infinity. Nissan already has the 370 etc. I know there is a history of the Nissan GTR in Japan but I don't think todays American buyer really cares??
I had not thought about it before but I really think it makes alot of sense. Can you imagine a Toyota LFA????
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #2266
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Re: the GTR.

Here's an analogy think about too. How does driving the GTR feel. Put it this way, Anvar and Joe: A new Mustang 5.0 is allegedly faster than your M3's around the track. Hard to stomach, isn't it. But guess what...in that magazine comparison the drivers' said they felt much slower and far less stable in the Mustang...and thought they had gotten slower times with it. As it turns out, it did get faster lap times.

I drove a Mustang GT about 6 weeks ago...and let me tell you, it felt like a big stupid solid-axle Mustang. Whoof. Did it accelerate fast? Hell yeah. Did it handle well? It does...but it feels like an absolute shitbox. It felt like it was 3 feet off the ground, swaying and yawing throughout each corner entrance and exit, extremely slow to respond to gas pedal surges and steering wheel input, basically everything that makes a sports car a SPORTS CAR.

So, does this 3836lb GTR feel as nimble, refined and all-around robust as the 3400lb 997 Turbo? Or the 3200lb 997 GT2? I'd say probably not.

As a disclaimer, I'm not basing this on personal experience with the cars...I've never personally driven the GTR or 997 T, only had rides in the passenger seat...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread