E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Pre LCI BiXenon without AHL

07-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
e92_josh
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: e92 325i M Sport

Pre LCI BiXenon without AHL

Hi,

I've got an 08 e92 (pre-lci) with bi xenon lights but I'm pretty sure they aren't the AHL versions. I can't see dynamic written anywhere and I've never noticed them moving left and right.

I'm looking to replace my headlights and I checked on realoem and there are two part numbers:

bi-xenon right: 63117182510

AHL-xenon right: 63117182516

I can only find a replacement for the AHL version, autodoc/magnetti marelli, and I'm wondering what issues I'll have installing these? I've seen some talk of frm modules but I'm new to xenon headlights so I'm not sure what this is.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:05 AM   #2
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
I there, I have done the swap (I had a pair of brand new + I added fine clear lenses), I can send you mines if you have yours damaged... pre LCI e92 without AHL, let say 40 Euro + S/H from BE to UK...
They are clean, clear lenses, no visible blur or any damage to the reflexive surfaces, ... However I believe the modules are identical, there is just an additional frame to swing the AHL around... and btw the module can be taken out of the headlight without even taking the light out of the car, just undo the wheel arch, lid and loosen 4 screws inside the assembly and it go out easily on both sides...