E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Meth Kit Install

08-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Meth Kit Install

Anyone have their meth kit installed at a shop around Boston or has done it themselves?
      08-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I installed my aquamist meth kit myself. All the kits are pretty simple. AM probably being the most complex.

Do you have questions?

Any shop should be able to do the install quickly.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I installed my aquamist meth kit myself. All the kits are pretty simple. AM probably being the most complex.

Do you have questions?

Any shop should be able to do the install quickly.
Which kit do you think would be easiest to install with a single nozzle? I would probably be using snow performance boost juice. Looking for a mix of cooling and slight octane boost. Is a fail safe absolutely necessary? It seems to add a fail sale to any meth kit is around $250.
      08-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRigs View Post
Which kit do you think would be easiest to install with a single nozzle? I would probably be using snow performance boost juice. Looking for a mix of cooling and slight octane boost. Is a fail safe absolutely necessary? It seems to add a fail sale to any meth kit is around $250.
All of the less expensive kits are going to be about the same to install. You mount the tank and pump and run the line to the engine bay and then to the nozzles. The aquamist you have to run significantly more wires and tap into a number of wires in the DME box. But it is the safest way to run Meth with the most options. Like most things in life you get what you pay for.

If you tune for the meth and the meth stops working you can damage your engine because the tune is too aggressive for 93 octane alone. This is especially true if you are using any of the meth for fueling and you will instantly run SUPER lean if there is any disruption in flow. This is why you ideally want a flow sensor set up to a failsafe.

I would run a failsafe but that is just me. $250 is a fuck ton cheaper than any damage that might occur to your motor.

You are better off running 2-3 smaller nozzles than 1 larger one. Better atomization. You have to drill and tap the CP anyways unless you just want to use the single meth bung that came in your CP which is fine, just no ideal.

What is really cool is you can get a custom 93 map and a custom 93 + meth map and use the FF signal wire in the DME and have it instantly interpolate from the 93 to meth map. So you get two custom pro tunes to start. The meth needs a sensor out controller that can output 0 to 5v based on flow, then you have 2 maps one a base custom pro tuned 93 octane Map same base you use for a e85 flex fuel but instead of a full e85 map for it to interpolate from you have a custom pro tuned 93+ meth map for full use of cooling , octane, fueling etc. The reason is now you can have a switch on your pump or a button if wanted and drive around on a custom flash with great performance but then for track or race or whatever you can instantly raise boost and timing plus take advantage of additional fuel capacity if necessary and you don't have to flash anything or have risk that if tank runs low you run lean cause reduced flow is instantly compensated. Yes we have had that before but now instead of wastegate dumping or some other limp mode now you still have full performance available of your non meth map. Also with spark plug deactivation this is really safe I'd even say ff logic with jayoma spark cut is safer than the stock flash.

I would buy a 5 gallon pail of VP meth and just mix it yourself. At least that is what I did before running 100% meth. I used to run 50:50 Boost Juice is easy but the color will stain your meth line I believe.
Appreciate 1
NRigs94.00