E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bmw 335d About to give up

03-28-2018, 05:37 AM   #23
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Really?!

I do for sure, I once filled up at Morrisons and for the next week my car sounded like a tank (minor exaggeration but it was noisier!) , was noticeably unrefined compared to usual and not quite as responsive.

Went back to the usual V-Power from Shell and all of the above was reversed after a few miles.

There is a definite difference with my car.
I've probably not paid too much attention to be honest. However I am currently running through a bottle of Tec4 diesel system cleaner and it does sound a bit quieter.

The car has more power now but that could be just down to me fixing a leaky boost hose which has a split rubber seal!
      04-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #24
3wis3m3n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
UK diesel is probably better than the USA stuff. I don't notice any difference between supermarket and the premium fuels.

that might be true BUT...
here in the USA there are few states that carry super premium diesel fuel that have cetane level up in the mid-high 70's ..
id say those super premium diesel fuel are top of the line here in the states
i think its only available in texas and all those california states
boy, talk about being luck would love to get my hands on those fuels every fill up here and then right ?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #25
3wis3m3n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwguy82 View Post
Hi guys

I have a 2007 E92 335d with DPF removed and 150,000 miles. I just can't seem to figure out what is causing my power issue and about to give up.

My power loss issue is slightly different to a lot of threads iv seen. Unlike others, I do have some power in lower RPM's but its not alot. I can hear the turbo spooling well from 1200rpm and after 1700-1900rpm i have decent amount of power but it feels nowhere near as effortless as my E60 535D did. After 2500-3000 RPM when the big turbo kicks in, I have plenty of power but most of the time driving it's under 1700-1800rpm which is where the problem is.

Today in the morning whilst going to work, climbing up a hill felt like a struggle (only when cold) and had to give alot more gas than usual. Once warmed up the same hill is fine but low down power is still missing?

EDIT: 6 weeks ago the big turbo stopped working on motorway and had no power above 2.5-3k ish but after restarting car, everything was back to normal. Changed pressure converters and not happened again.

No codes present and I've changed:
2 x Pressure converters
All Vac lines
Red boost pipe
MAF (Cleaned for maintenance but wasn't coming up with any errors)
Intercooler

usually by reading threads from forums and such it sounded like to me your turbos are on their way out, well at least one of them

you will still can feel and hear it but because it has lost its step the more and more you use it the more and more it will finally give up
thats probably why you don't feel the punch like it was before

because its about to go out on you completely

but then again, i am no master tech, i just read a lot of stuff online of people that went through similar fate
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #26
vazyx
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i Lemans/Saddle

Quote:
Hi guys

I have a 2007 E92 335d with DPF removed and 150,000 miles. I just can't seem to figure out what is causing my power issue and about to give up.

My power loss issue is slightly different to a lot of threads iv seen. Unlike others, I do have some power in lower RPM's but its not alot. I can hear the turbo spooling well from 1200rpm and after 1700-1900rpm i have decent amount of power but it feels nowhere near as effortless as my E60 535D did. After 2500-3000 RPM when the big turbo kicks in, I have plenty of power but most of the time driving it's under 1700-1800rpm which is where the problem is.

Today in the morning whilst going to work, climbing up a hill felt like a struggle (only when cold) and had to give alot more gas than usual. Once warmed up the same hill is fine but low down power is still missing?

EDIT: 6 weeks ago the big turbo stopped working on motorway and had no power above 2.5-3k ish but after restarting car, everything was back to normal. Changed pressure converters and not happened again.

2 x Pressure converters
All Vac lines
Red boost pipe
Intercooler
What was the end fix here?
My dilemma...

I have....
Minor whistle and a bit of power sosn low at best
(ALL POWER SEEMS PRESENT FROM 2100-2300 RPM AND UP)
INTERMITTANTLY ONLY UPON START UP AND FOR FIRST 25 SECONDS DRIVE TIME HP TURBO WILL SPOOL AND GOOD POWER RIGHT FROM 1000~RPM- THEN AFTER FIRST BOOST OR 25 SECONDS ALL POWER BELOW 2100RPM IS WEAK IF ANY BOOST AT ALL-

I INSTALLED A CAT PIPE PROVIDED TO ME AND IT WASN'T TOO LONG AFTER THAT I THOUGHT THAT THE NEW PIPE (rather then Straight pipe)WAS JUST MAKING THE CAR DOGGY-
SO I THOUGHT I WILL PUT THE DELETE PIPE BACK IN TO SEE IF POWER CHANGES TO ACCEPTABLE AND IT WAS STILL NOT AT FULL POWER ON LOWER RPM- (ONCE STRAIGHT DOWN PIPE BACK ON IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THERE WAS NO TURBO WHISTLE LIKE WHEN I FIRST HAD IT INSTALLED)

PARTS REPLACED AND SWAPPED FOR TESTING-
REPLACED- EUV VALVE FOR HP TURBO COMPRESSOR BYPASS(BROKEN WHEN REPLACING ALL VAC LINES)-
EPDW- REPLACES BOTH TURBINE CONTROL VALVE AND LP WASTEGATE- (BMW OEM) SITTING ON PASS SEAT-
VALVE COVER REPLACED
CYL6 INJ REPL 148K OR SO

TESTING-
VAC TESTED FOR OVER ALL VACUUM- SITS AT 25-27IN-HG(tested inline to vac reservoir and with engine mounts disconnect there and also blocked off vac to booster)
VAC HOLDING FOR ACTUATOR ON COMPRESSOR BYPASS VALVE
VAC HOLDING FOR TURBINE CONTROL(checked for seizure-all ok)
VAC HOLDING FOR LP WASTEGATE

INSTALLED BRAND NEW OEM MASS AIR METER- NO CHANGE-(DIDNT ADAPT)-reinstalled old with no change

TURBO FEED LINES HAVE BEEN SEEPING- Replaced both excessible easy ones-inspected for coking and all good

I am so lost here.
I will be trying to do re-adatations this week for everything possible.
Hoping to order FOXWELL NT 510... then hoping it can do this...? Input?
      05-13-2019, 03:45 AM   #27
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazyx View Post
What was the end fix here?
My dilemma...

I have....
Minor whistle and a bit of power sosn low at best
(ALL POWER SEEMS PRESENT FROM 2100-2300 RPM AND UP)
INTERMITTANTLY ONLY UPON START UP AND FOR FIRST 25 SECONDS DRIVE TIME HP TURBO WILL SPOOL AND GOOD POWER RIGHT FROM 1000~RPM- THEN AFTER FIRST BOOST OR 25 SECONDS ALL POWER BELOW 2100RPM IS WEAK IF ANY BOOST AT ALL-

I INSTALLED A CAT PIPE PROVIDED TO ME AND IT WASN'T TOO LONG AFTER THAT I THOUGHT THAT THE NEW PIPE (rather then Straight pipe)WAS JUST MAKING THE CAR DOGGY-
SO I THOUGHT I WILL PUT THE DELETE PIPE BACK IN TO SEE IF POWER CHANGES TO ACCEPTABLE AND IT WAS STILL NOT AT FULL POWER ON LOWER RPM- (ONCE STRAIGHT DOWN PIPE BACK ON IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THERE WAS NO TURBO WHISTLE LIKE WHEN I FIRST HAD IT INSTALLED)

PARTS REPLACED AND SWAPPED FOR TESTING-
REPLACED- EUV VALVE FOR HP TURBO COMPRESSOR BYPASS(BROKEN WHEN REPLACING ALL VAC LINES)-
EPDW- REPLACES BOTH TURBINE CONTROL VALVE AND LP WASTEGATE- (BMW OEM) SITTING ON PASS SEAT-
VALVE COVER REPLACED
CYL6 INJ REPL 148K OR SO

TESTING-
VAC TESTED FOR OVER ALL VACUUM- SITS AT 25-27IN-HG(tested inline to vac reservoir and with engine mounts disconnect there and also blocked off vac to booster)
VAC HOLDING FOR ACTUATOR ON COMPRESSOR BYPASS VALVE
VAC HOLDING FOR TURBINE CONTROL(checked for seizure-all ok)
VAC HOLDING FOR LP WASTEGATE

INSTALLED BRAND NEW OEM MASS AIR METER- NO CHANGE-(DIDNT ADAPT)-reinstalled old with no change

TURBO FEED LINES HAVE BEEN SEEPING- Replaced both excessible easy ones-inspected for coking and all good

I am so lost here.
I will be trying to do re-adatations this week for everything possible.
Hoping to order FOXWELL NT 510... then hoping it can do this...? Input?
While I'm not sure what to suggest I did pick up on something, you say number 6 injector was replaced? If I'm not mistaken, are they not suppose to be replaced in pairs and also you shouldn't mix the index (again just what I've read) and you have to code them one replaced. Thought it was worth mentioning just in case..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #28
vazyx
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i Lemans/Saddle

Cyl#6was replaced and coded/learned into ECU.
Bank replacement is recommended but not necc.
The car did run perfect after it wasnt until 5k KM the car started with this.
Also full re-adaptation dde done- no change.
Will try no MAF/HFM tonight and re-adapt this time.
      07-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #29
mustardd3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Hey I know this was a few years ago, do you happen to remember what the issue was. I too replaced both PC and the front one is showing 1 Hg vacuum (both new and old). Not sure where to go from here as clearly it is a problem before even escaping the solenoid and getting to the bypass.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #30
mustardd3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Quote:
anyone?

Edit: Today I used a t-piece and got a gauge in the car to see if it's any different whilst driving. Got nothing from that pressure converter. Tried 2 new ones now and nothing at all.

Here is a clip that might help (OneDrive link to my public folder):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai87B0mAORrKgQ01K_HEtyGCQ6CI

Same exact problem on mine, what was the solution to the front PC not showing any vacuum?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 05:03 PM   #31
Senorski
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d e92

Quote:
Hi guys

2 x Pressure converters
All Vac lines
Red boost pipe
Intercooler
Hi how do you find the parts for the pressure converter I have a e92 2011 M sport 335d
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 02:04 AM   #32
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

realoem.com
Appreciate 1
jacbo78.50