E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E90 Rear Suspension Question

10-16-2021, 05:04 AM   #1
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I X Drive

For kwv1 are the dinan shock mounts in the rear worth it? I'm on max height on kw v1 right now. Do I need the 12mm or 10mm from Dinan?

Also regarding rear subframe, are the 034 aluminum bushing inserts better then the whiteline ones? I assume the aluminum inserts provide better longevity? full inserts are ideal but I'm on a budget saving labor..
      10-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
Maxmax73
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK24 View Post
For kwv1 are the dinan shock mounts in the rear worth it? I'm on max height on kw v1 right now. Do I need the 12mm or 10mm from Dinan?

Also regarding rear subframe, are the 034 aluminum bushing inserts better then the whiteline ones? I assume the aluminum inserts provide better longevity? full inserts are ideal but I'm on a budget saving labor..
Dinan shock mounts are overprice for what they are.
034 are not made to fit properly.
Whiteline and similar poly inserts are junk and waste of time and effort.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:35 AM   #3
KhaosKid
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘11 323i when it works

A cheap alternative to Dinan mounts are the Monroe rear upper shock mount kit you can buy on rockauto. It is much firmer than the stock mounts, and almost as stiff as Dinan for like 10% of the price. The monroe mounts are made of a hard rubber whereas the stock mounts are made from a soft foam-type material.

I recently installed monroe rear upper shock mounts and they made a small but noticeable difference to the tightness/firmness of the rear suspension when hitting bumps. Definitely worth it, especially considering they were only around 15$ per side.
Appreciate 2
edycol1501.50
lab_rat394.50
      11-19-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosKid View Post
A cheap alternative to Dinan mounts are the Monroe rear upper shock mount kit you can buy on rockauto. It is much firmer than the stock mounts, and almost as stiff as Dinan for like 10% of the price. The monroe mounts are made of a hard rubber whereas the stock mounts are made from a soft foam-type material.

I recently installed monroe rear upper shock mounts and they made a small but noticeable difference to the tightness/firmness of the rear suspension when hitting bumps. Definitely worth it, especially considering they were only around 15$ per side.
Second this ^!
Appreciate 0