E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC TCU MULF to COMBOX Remote Coding Session Request

11-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #1
glass330
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

CIC TCU MULF to COMBOX Remote Coding Session Request

I am hoping to get some assistance coding a combox to an LCI e90 which has TCU and MULF that will be removed. I am working on the wiring harness and have the coding tools, ncsexpert, tool32 etc, installed and working correctly as well as a bimmergeeks K+DCAN cable cable. My goal is working Spotify app w/ A2DP audio.

Current car is E190998 and I will install a combox from E756141.

Thanks for all your help.

E190998
Multimedia
S609 Navigation System Professional
S615 Extended BMW Online Information
S620 Voice Control
S639 Preparation F Mobile Phone Cpl. USA/CDN
S645 BMW US Radio
S653 High Definition Radio
S655 Satellite Tuner
S677 HiFi System Professional DSP
S697 Area-Code 1 For DVD
S6AA BMW TeleServices
S6AB Control, Teleservices
S6FL USB/Audio Interface
S6UH Traffic Information

E756141
Multimedia
S609 Navigation System Professional
S615 Extended BMW Online Information
S620 Voice Control
S639 Preparation F Mobile Phone Cpl. USA/CDN
S645 BMW US Radio
S655 Satellite Tuner
S676 HiFi Speaker System
S697 Area-Code 1 For DVD
S6AA BMW TeleServices
S6AB Control, Teleservices
S6FL USB/Audio Interface
S6UH Traffic Information
S6VC Control, Combox

Any coding assistance would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Once the installation of the combox is complete I will need to code the CIC as follows:
So to code the CIC: Load an NCS Expert profile without manipulation. Load your FA/VO, delete your build date (save it for reference), add #0909 build date, add $6VA, and save the new FA/VO to CAS and FRM (NFRM) using FA_WRITE.* Then run SG_CODIEREN on CI

At this point I don't believe I need to activate any fsc codes or as both the orignal CIC already has Nav, Voice Control, Sat Radio but I am not sure about BMW APPS?

Code to COMBOX
Load an NCS Expert profile without manipulation.
Load FA/VO, delete your build date (save it for reference),
add #0910 build date,
add $6VC.
If you have a TCU like I do and want to exchange SOS (which doesn't work anymore) for enhanced bluetooth, delete $639 and add $644 in its place. Save the new FA/VO to CAS and FRM (NFRM) using FA_WRITE. Then run SG_CODIEREN on KOMBI, MEDIA and on CIC.

IF you have 6FL (YES) AND you have a 9C certificate in your CIC (do I???), use build date #0311 instead, and add $6NR along with $6VC (and $639->$644). Save the new FA/VO to CAS and FRM (NFRM) using FA_WRITE. Then run SG_CODIEREN on KOMBI, MEDIA and on CIC. Now you'll also have BMW apps! (which only works with iPhones I believe. Install the ConnectedDrive app from the app store. Skip searching for your VIN in the app, just plug in the cable to the car and it'll work.

You will need FSC code to activate the 6NR option - I bought one of these for lifetime maps a long time ago does that matter?

Finally : You did an FA/VO code on KOMBI to get rid of the SOS error on your instrument cluster after removing $639.

Well thats what I have so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by glass330; 11-08-2021 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0