E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > Potential project/race car? 2007 E90 335i 6MT

Closed Thread

03-14-2023, 11:35 AM   #1
andrewszatan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i 6MT

Potential project/race car? 2007 E90 335i 6MT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 7,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hey y'all, first time poster here, but I've used these forums numerous times over my 13 years of E90 ownership to solve problems and learn about my car. Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed--it's been so helpful to have this resource.

Unfortunately, my time as an E90 owner may be coming to an end. My 2007 335i 6MT sedan was recently run over a median while on loan to a family member and sustained suspension and subframe damage. The insurance company has deemed it a total loss. BMW dealer suggests that suspension & subframe repairs are in the $10k range, a number I haven't yet had reviewed by my independent mechanic.

For a few different reasons, it probably makes the most sense for me to just walk away, but I hate to do it. The N54 and 6MT are still in solid shape. 70k miles, turbos and HPFP were replaced under CPO warranty around 30k, recently did the VANOS solenoids and had a bunch of O2 sensors replaced. Generally have been on top of maintenance over the years. The only other issues I'm aware of at this time are an oil gasket leak (~$1200 or so quoted to fix) and a broken sunroof motor (another $1k or so). The interior is in amazing shape. Options include sport and premium packages, and no iDrive.

So, before I accept the insurance company's offer, I thought I'd throw a Hail Mary out to the community. Would this make a potential project or race car platform for someone? I'd need to get $7k in a sale to make it worth my time to handle the whole transaction. And a buyer would need to have cash in hand and be ready to pick up the car in Austin, TX.

Anyone interested?

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 04:20 AM   #2
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Should get numerous photo's, to include underside. If it was me I would consider insurance payout and buy back then resell for less for a quicker sale. The engine and drive train is the desirable portion. Good luck with sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 07:50 AM   #3
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 N54 swapped

Just for conversations sake, the car is going to be totaled and have a branded title? If TX is like FL someone will have to go through the process to put it back on the road. 7k is a lot for a "shell" to go racing. Good low mile car and likely and easy fix if the body subframe mounting points aren't destroyed but it would likely sell for far less than 7k at an insurance auction. If you're going racing all of the good bits are going in the bin other than the drivetrain.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread