E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Best driver training in Europe?

11-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Best driver training in Europe?

Hello,

I am looking to do a driver's training course next summer, so I'm looking at options. I haven't found much to be honest, there are BMW courses, Zakspeed does something too (they're filed for insolvency though, so I'm not sure I'd trust them with my $$$, booking in advance), then there's Jim Russell's school, whom I can't find anything about, but he does come to europe once in a while.

Anyhoo, I've done the BMW basic course and advanced course (both for young drivers). I'd like to step up to a racetrack course of some sort. Looking for something up to $1500 USD (1300 EUR).

Right now, I'm most probably leaning towards the BMW M intensive course. Any help and tips welcome.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Not much help but the best driving course by far is carried out by the British Army! covers everything from Defensive / evasive driving High speed pursuit and cross country, the only problem is you need to sigh up for three years!!

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
My recommendation is any reputable racing driving school. I took the driving course to get racing license but it’s worth it even if you don’t intend to race. Jim Russell Racing School is very reputable.
      11-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Hm, well, I'm having a hard time choosing...

The thing is, the BMW intensive M training, which lasts 1 day, costs 1400 Euro - and I'm not sure how valid that price is (i.e. how much you're paying just for the fact that it's BMW).

Training at the Nurburgring (including some form of race licence) costs 700 Eur, and lasts 1 day. Another day practicing (Race and Fun programme) costs 590 eur, so I can have a licence and more driving for the same price of the M school.

Then, there is the RSR nurburg school. They do all sorts of programmes, I wouldn't mind racing at Spa, but I'm not sure how novice friendly it is? Their programme costs 1500 Eur for a day, so same price as BMW school.

Another thing that I can do is do the local racing school. This lasts 4 days, and costs 1500 Eur. You get a FIA licence. The thing I'm worried about is that they'll go too much into racing (i.e. rules and regulations) and little into how to actually drive...

Any help welcome...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
mshobe
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sedan

I was very interested in driving instruction and went through all the research and chose this firm.

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/index.php

I wanted to spend the money on the instruction and track time, not a luxurious car, catered meals, hotel room, etc - so keep that in mind.

I've since gotten an girlfriend and my priorities changed. It would still be my choice, but I never actually went though with it.
Appreciate 0