E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Wheely appreciate your fitment advice...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2018, 02:07 AM   #1
BSG335
Driving in the slow lane
Australia
26
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Wheely appreciate your fitment advice...

Sorry for the bad title but I couldn't help myself.

I'm looking at a set of 19x9.5 wheels on my E92 running stock M Sport suspension.
Front offset: 37
Rear offset: 22

If I went down this path I would run either a square set up on tyres such as 255/35s or a 255/35 F and 275/30 R.

Do you foresee any issues such as rubbing, fitment etc?

Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 02:36 AM   #2
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
788
Rep
6,220
Posts

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

iTrader: (3)

you'll need to roll rear guards 255 up front might be a tad too big 245 works
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
Socket
Lieutenant General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
3218
Rep
11,134
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG335 View Post
Sorry for the bad title but I couldn't help myself.

I'm looking at a set of 19x9.5 wheels on my E92 running stock M Sport suspension.
Front offset: 37
Rear offset: 22

If I went down this path I would run either a square set up on tyres such as 255/35s or a 255/35 F and 275/30 R.

Do you foresee any issues such as rubbing, fitment etc?

Thanks...
What DrJ said 255 up front will be a bit much.

Most peeps run 235/35 F and 265/30 R and roll the rear guards to stop rubbing. Especially with the slightly lower M sport suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #4
aaron_
Captain
79
Rep
698
Posts

Drives: E93 335i LCI
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

I have 265/30 rear MPSS, e93 msport and donít rub. Stock suspension, no rolling
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
524
Rep
1,703
Posts

Drives: 2014 F11 LCI 535i Touring
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

That's going to have more poke in the back than the front. Also front wheels will be insanely close to the struts.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 02:20 AM   #6
N52B25
Private First Class
Australia
15
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: E92 N52B25 LCI 325i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

With that width and offset on the front, I recommend you try a dry fitup first.
Pretty sure the rim will bind on the front strut.
I tried my 19" X 9" 313 rear rims on my front and there was just the thickness of 2 credit cards between the rim and the front strut.
And you're hoping to fit 9.5" width???
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 03:30 AM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
788
Rep
6,220
Posts

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52B25 View Post
With that width and offset on the front, I recommend you try a dry fitup first.
Pretty sure the rim will bind on the front strut.
I tried my 19" X 9" 313 rear rims on my front and there was just the thickness of 2 credit cards between the rim and the front strut.
And you're hoping to fit 9.5" width???
If you have coilovers with smaller dia springs than oem this is no issue (ala BC coilovers)
Appreciate 1
BSG33525.50

      02-12-2018, 11:43 PM   #8
BSG335
Driving in the slow lane
Australia
26
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
you'll need to roll rear guards 255 up front might be a tad too big 245 works
255 was the recommended size for the 9.5s up front. I don't want tyre stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
What DrJ said 255 up front will be a bit much.

Most peeps run 235/35 F and 265/30 R and roll the rear guards to stop rubbing. Especially with the slightly lower M sport suspension
I'm currently running 235s up front on style 313s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87 View Post
That's going to have more poke in the back than the front. Also front wheels will be insanely close to the struts.
Yep, that was my concern and I don't want to run spacers. IIRC, there are some issues with spacers and insurance, not to mention some have said they have experienced balance issues even with known brands. I have no experience first hand with spacers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52B25 View Post
With that width and offset on the front, I recommend you try a dry fitup first.
Pretty sure the rim will bind on the front strut.
I tried my 19" X 9" 313 rear rims on my front and there was just the thickness of 2 credit cards between the rim and the front strut.
And you're hoping to fit 9.5" width???
I would do but these are out of state and a very compelling price atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
If you have coilovers with smaller dia springs than oem this is no issue (ala BC coilovers)
Had BCs on the E90 and I don't recall exactly but I think I was running 19x9 F and 19x10 R. The BCs were excellent, not rubbing, no rolled guards.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Maybe the set up is far too aggressive for me. It would certainly fill up the guards and give it a very purposeful look.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST