E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread

Closed Thread

11-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #2025
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Damn I missed it! I even had a post-it note on my gauge cluster to remind me!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #2026
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Damn I missed it! I even had a post-it note on my gauge cluster to remind me!
I thought the PROcede did stuff like that for you? Time to ask Shiv for a new version Brian. What kind of tune doesn't even give you TV show timings.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #2027
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I thought the PROcede did stuff like that for you? Time to ask Shiv for a new version Brian. What kind of tune doesn't even give you TV show timings.
His car is too busy making more power than your M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #2028
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf878 View Post
His car is too busy making more power than your M3.
hahahahahahahhaha, sounds like I hit a Procede nerve!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #2029
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Hahaha good one Aaron.

I didn't drive the car yesterday...so that's why I missed it..hopfully Shiv will incorporate the procede with an email TV listing to all shows that enthusiasts want so see! haha.

I've always wondered how hard it would be to set up an iPhone app for Procede datalogging...which would be really nice. I would buy an iPad right now if they were able to do logging.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #2030
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hahahahahahahhaha, sounds like I hit a Procede nerve!
Lol not really. Just can't pass an opportunity to throw a jab.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #2031
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Lol not really. Just can't pass an opportunity to throw a jab.
Aaron I did have a question for you. If you wanted to put your stock mufflers back on would you have any issues because you had to cut to put the performance exhaust on?

I am not saying there would be any reason for you to remove the performance exhaust, but what would you do if you had to put the stock mufflers back on for some reason?

Yes yes I am thinking about an exhaust. The Remus Race exhaust to be specific. I can either cut my stock connecting pipes to put the mufflers on or I can buy an additional set of connecting pipes to keep it specific for the Remus mufflers.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #2032
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Aaron I did have a question for you. If you wanted to put your stock mufflers back on would you have any issues because you had to cut to put the performance exhaust on?

I am not saying there would be any reason for you to remove the performance exhaust, but what would you do if you had to put the stock mufflers back on for some reason?

Yes yes I am thinking about an exhaust. The Remus Race exhaust to be specific. I can either cut my stock connecting pipes to put the mufflers on or I can buy an additional set of connecting pipes to keep it specific for the Remus mufflers.
Shouldn't be too hard, it has some connecting pipes to cover where the cut is.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #2033
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Shouldn't be too hard, it has some connecting pipes to cover where the cut is.
Would you use these same connecting pipes if reverting back to the stock system? I wonder how a dealer would react to this on a trade in? Probably wouldn't notice eh? I was surprised to hear that they didn't CPO my 2008 cos it had a "bodykit", even though it was an all OEM aero kit that cost like $5k
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #2034
MNm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Le Mans Blue e90 M3

Not to rehash this from the other day, but I watched the new or should I say bad knock off Top Gear from my DVR last night and.... absolute garbage.

First off, the camera work was terrible, the picture is pretty bad when they are in car. The track that they race on is in horrible shape and when they showed all of the previews for the season, they did nothing new! Its all re-makes of the real show. Filling the Station wagon with water? I mean come on! At least be original if the show is going to suck!
      11-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #2035
MNm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
Would you use these same connecting pipes if reverting back to the stock system? I wonder how a dealer would react to this on a trade in? Probably wouldn't notice eh? I was surprised to hear that they didn't CPO my 2008 cos it had a "bodykit", even though it was an all OEM aero kit that cost like $5k
Really? That's kind of rediculous.

I think if anyone has a leased car or intentions of trade in through a BMW dealer, connecting pipes should be given some thought. Plus the install is just that much easier.
      11-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #2036
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNm3 View Post
Not to rehash this from the other day, but I watched the new or should I say bad knock off Top Gear from my DVR last night and.... absolute garbage.

First off, the camera work was terrible, the picture is pretty bad when they are in car. The track that they race on is in horrible shape and when they showed all of the previews for the season, they did nothing new! Its all re-makes of the real show. Filling the Station wagon with water? I mean come on! At least be original if the show is going to suck!
I thought the track looked like a kart track that's been derelict for 23 years.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #2037
MNm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah... and one more thing. Did you guys see them doing donuts in the sand with the Murcielago?

If I were the owner of that car, I would never let anyone sand blast my $300,000 Lambo.
      11-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #2038
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Really? That's kind of rediculous.

I think if anyone has a leased car or intentions of trade in through a BMW dealer, connecting pipes should be given some thought. Plus the install is just that much easier.
Yeah, not to mention I gave them the original bumpers so they could have spent an hour to put them back on, CPO the car and then charge alot more for it.

I think on the E92 you have to cut for the Performance exhaust - no other way to fit it, right Aaron?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #2039
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I would use the same connecting pipes. Pretty stupid they wouldn't give your car CPO status because it had their own accessories installed.

Quote:
Yeah, not to mention I gave them the original bumpers so they could have spent an hour to put them back on, CPO the car and then charge alot more for it.

I think on the E92 you have to cut for the Performance exhaust - no other way to fit it, right Aaron?
Yeah you have to cut it.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #2040
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:

I have a feeling they may be under contractual obligations to do some of the same stuff. Since they've called it Top Gear, it is no doubt some type of licensing agreement from the original show which would mean they are under some type of restrictions. This may explain their lack of originality.

That said, the entire lambo sequence was disappointing. I clenched my teeth when they tossed it around in that sand box. There was no intensity in the viper/helicopter scene. I was watching the bob sled versus the evo on the british version yesterday and the build up of tension was awesome.

I really think they need some strong personalities with some serious credibility to host the show. Perhaps someone like Jay Leno, who would have strong opinions (good or bad) on cars coupled with solid automotive knowledge. These guys just seem very unsure of themselves.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #2041
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I think they have pretty strict guidlines on what can be CPO. My car has a new rear bumper and I over heard (a used car sales dude at MW) that for a car to be BMW CPO, it can only have a maximum of one panel repainted or something like that. I'll be interested to see if my car will be a CPO car.

Nick

I've read on the forums that people have found CPO cars with tunes in them, so I am not sure how strictly the used car folk adhere to those standards.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #2042
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think they have pretty strict guidlines on what can be CPO. My car has a new rear bumper and I over heard (a used car sales dude at MW) that for a car to be BMW CPO, it can only have a maximum of one panel repainted or something like that. I'll be interested to see if my car will be a CPO car.

Nick
I guess that makes sense, in that they don't want to have a certified car that has had some major body work. In my case though, I gave them the original bumpers. I can't understand why they wouldn't have put them back on given they could have asked much more for the car.

Anyway, are you dropping yours back to MW or Minnetonka? What date in January? We should have one more meet beforehand!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #2043
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've read that too. I can see a tune actually getting by but obvious body changes I can't.

Gary, I'm not sure where I'm going to drop it off. I was half thinking about making a final road trip out of it and dropping it off in Atlanta since I'll have the lease miles and have a friend down there to visit. I seriously don't ever want to see the car again. It would break my heart! That was nice of you to give them your bumpers... I'm sure they just wanted to move the car. Someone got a nice deal!

Nick

I think it's January 7th...
I hear you, I wouldn't want to see mine either. I almost cried when I saw an E39 that my dad traded on the streets of my home town as a taxi! I shudder to think where that poor car ended up.

Atlanta is a fun town, but the drive there is a little boring no? Take her out to CA and drive the PCH I took my 330 out there, best trip ever!!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #2044
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

So on 1addicts they are saying that the 1M will have 340hp - I was hoping for a little more than that There is also come crazy talk about a 451hp version for the US, though this is more likely to be the next gen M3...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #2045
ajvee
Major
Rep

Bmw Cca Grill Map!

It came in today. Will decide if I like it after I put it on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #2046
MNm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

^^^ That's quality! I just re-joined Bmw cca and they didn't give me one of those. WTF?

Do you have to buy it or something?