E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "Business" or "Professional" nav

04-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

"Business" or "Professional" nav

What is the diffrence.?
      04-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
BeemMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

differance is the screen size. Pro is larger.

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

According to the option descriptions:

Pro display is larger (8.8" vs 6.5") and splits the display into two windows a main window and an assistance window that can be set independantly (ie "Moving Map" in main and "journey computer" in assistance)

Pro display is moving map, Business is Arrows only. IMO moving map is extremely important. Both have vouce instructions as well.

Pro has separate in dash CD and DVD (for Nav or audio), Bsuiness had shared DVD drive (that doesn't sound right! and if correct is really naff!!!!)

Description of Pro also specifically says that the Pro iDrive controller has "Haptic" feedback. This is force feedback for scrolling and ends of lists etc...

I made the mistake of having an earler verion of Business nav on my old E46. I wished that I had gone for the moving map optopn and was forever wondering if I should second guess the instructions which the unit was telling me.

Moving map can be used even without setting a destination and as such allows you to ad-lib with confidence. Also if TMC is available in your country/area tou can see all of the local traffic problems at a glance.

Given the abundance of cheap hand held moving map units, I dont see that Business nav has a place any more. Having said that the Pro nav is way better than the hand helds because of its integration into the car and electronics and the dead reconing which it can do as a result of this.
Appreciate 0