E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 2007 BMW 325xi 4x4 , Brake , ABS , traction control , airbag light on dash

02-03-2021, 11:38 PM   #1
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325xi 2007

2007 BMW 325xi 4x4 , Brake , ABS , traction control , airbag light on dash

Hello i have a 2007 BMW 325xi with the trifecta of lights ( 4x4 , ABS , traction) . I had a shop check it and they said i needed to replace this white module i.e i believe you call it the transfer case module ( please correct me if i am wrong i have only owned the bmw for a month )

My question is that will replacing this module actually fix all these problems and make my car AWD again (its RWD right now). And the other thing that is bothering me is that when i accelerate the car , the car gives a pretty big jerk somewhere around 2500 rpm once and becomes buttery smooth if i keep accelerating but if i apply the brakes (like in traffic ) and then start accelerating again the same thing happens , it gives a jerk at around 2500 rpm and is smooth afterwards. Also the car is consuming a lot of fuel right now around 4.5km/L or 10.5 miles per gallon
A shop diagnosis said it had a cylinder 3 misfire . Is that the reason for this jerk and poor fuel economy and will replacing the spark plug sort out this issue ?
Attached Images

02-04-2021, 05:23 PM   #2
Brian86
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, e91 325xi, N50 Xterra

The module may or may not fix your trifecta. There are a lot of things that can cause that. Many of them cheap and easy, some very expensive. It really depends on the shop diagnosing the problem correctly.

The misfires are a symptom of engine problems unrelated to the 4wd trifecta.

You need to figure out why it's doing what it's doing and correct the problems. There is a panopticon of things that can be causing the problems you're having.

I recommend buying a scan tool to see what the car is telling you about the problems. The foxwell scanners are very powerful tools and friendly enough for a beginner.
Appreciate 1
noshab9.00
      02-05-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86 View Post
The module may or may not fix your trifecta. There are a lot of things that can cause that. Many of them cheap and easy, some very expensive. It really depends on the shop diagnosing the problem correctly.

You need to figure out why it's doing what it's doing and correct the problems. There is a panopticon of things that can be causing the problems you're having.

I recommend buying a scan tool to see what the car is telling you about the problems. The foxwell scanners are very powerful tools and friendly enough for a beginner.
Quote:

What are the things you recommend i should try first in order to correct the trifecta ?
      02-05-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
Brian86
Captain
Rep

Without a scanner we're just guessing and throwing parts at it. I can't suggest anything in good conscious without malfunction codes.

You could investigate the wheel speed sensors for free. See if any are missing or damaged, or look for severe corrosion on the signal rings.

Bad calibration of the steering angle sensor will do it as well. That's basically free to repair after sinking the money for a scanner.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 12:03 AM   #5
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep

Quote:
Without a scanner we're just guessing and throwing parts at it. I can't suggest anything in good conscious without malfunction codes.

You could investigate the wheel speed sensors for free. See if any are missing or damaged, or look for severe corrosion on the signal rings.

Bad calibration of the steering angle sensor will do it as well. That's basically free to repair after sinking the money for a scanner.
Alright yeah i get it . I think I'll need to get myself an OBD scanner to read the codes . Lets see what codes it gives me
      02-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #6
Brian86
Captain
Rep

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben...020sch01a~scf/

Very powerful little gizmo. You can get into PC based diagnostic software for about $50 (for the adapter cable) but personally I like having one of those in the glove box.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 03:44 PM   #7
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep

Quote:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben...020sch01a~scf/

Very powerful little gizmo. You can get into PC based diagnostic software for about $50 (for the adapter cable) but personally I like having one of those in the glove box.
I don't think I'm ready to buy a $200 adapter especially considering the fact that i know that I won't be doing any DIY on the car . I don't have the tools or guts to do something even as simple as diff fluid change of the car 😂
      02-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #8
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep

I think I'll start off with something relatively simple now and work my way up maybe
      03-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #9
Arthur Morgan
Arthur Morgan
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series 340i

Usually you describe a failure, it will be caused by many reasons. For example, you said that the cylinder misfires.

My suggestion is to buy a scanner and use the error code to troubleshoot the error. The error code will not deceive you. Where the error code points to, it means that there is a problem, which helps to solve the problem quickly.

I bought an NT530 from Foxwelltool.com in 2019 and found 14 faults in my car. Then I searched various BMW forums for solutions, replaced parts, and cleared the error code.

This process is quite interesting, and if you are interested in it, I also recommend you to do so.
Appreciate 1
noshab9.00
      03-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #10
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Morgan View Post
Usually you describe a failure, it will be caused by many reasons. For example, you said that the cylinder misfires.

My suggestion is to buy a scanner and use the error code to troubleshoot the error. The error code will not deceive you. Where the error code points to, it means that there is a problem, which helps to solve the problem quickly.

I bought an NT530 from Foxwelltool.com in 2019 and found 14 faults in my car. Then I searched various BMW forums for solutions, replaced parts, and cleared the error code.

This process is quite interesting, and if you are interested in it, I also recommend you to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Morgan View Post

Yes i am thinking of getting into it as well . There are quite some fault codes in the car so i will have to start solving them one by one . Better now than never or before its too late 😅