E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Windscreen Washer Jet Problems

11-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Swordfish707
Rep
Drives: 320i

Windscreen Washer Jet Problems

Dear all,

The blocked washer jet conundrum is a right arse. It's nothing to do with bloody calcium carbonate. The black slime that clogs the extremely fine filter is MOULD! that's right, it's mildew. If you've got weak or blocked jets, you'll probably remember a point in the summer when your washer jet fluid smelled of rotten eggs, but you were to embarassed to post on here for a solution cos its plainly got a critical infestation of wankers who just bang on about "I'll wait till my next scheduled maintainence" and "only BMW fluid for me". Bollocks. If you were really as loaded as you make out, you'd be at dinner in Nobu after a lovely day posting on the Lamborghini forum, NOT bragging on here you f*ckwits! If you've got no helpful advice, spare us the trauma of having to read whatever it is you THINK you know about OEM windscreen wash, or indeed anything else!

MOULD likes water, oxygen and warmth. Once it proliferates in your tank, you'll need to follow the instructions available on here to remove the wheel, the wheel arch liner and empty your tank completely. Throw all this water away, you'll see it's absolutely full of black slime that's been breaking off the walls of your tank and clogging the filter. Next, fill the tank with boiling water and any old washing up liquid. You'll need to agitate the tank +++ to get the mould off the walls of the tank.

Next, pop out the washer pump, where it inserts into the tank, there is a rubber bung, pull this out and connected to it is a filter, It's a cylinder about 1cm long and 0.7 cm diameter. You'll need to soak it in boiling water and use a toothbrush to get all the crap out of it.

Now you're mould free. Fill it up with any bloody windscreen washer you like, tap-water, distilled water, bloody any water will do for God's sake.

However, in the Summer, don't leave the tank standing half empty, keep it brimmed, cause if there's water, OXYGEN and warmth, then you can bet your arse there'll be mould.

Regards
Attached Images

Appreciate 0