E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Electrical issue when removing factory Screen

09-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
sandaruwan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330Xi  [0.00]
Exclamation Electrical issue when removing factory Screen

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to install an android video/audio system in place of my CCC. Ran into a strange issue when I tried to remove factory video display. Only thing I did was removing the two screws holding the screen and then removing the video input cable connected to the screen, my wipers, headlight washers started working non-stop. Only way to stop this was either to connect the video cable back up, pull the fuses or to disconnect the battery terminal. This happens if I tried to disconnect the power cable to the screen as well.

So left the screen alone and tried to disconnect the radio/nav unit, same thing again when I disconnect the video out cable from the radio unit (cable that provides video input to the display) removing any other cable does not cause this issue.

I have not installed any components from the new system. car starts and runs fine when the old CCC system in place.

I have a 2006 330xi with a CCC system. Any opinion and suggestion greatly appreciated. Please let me know if more information needed.

Last edited by sandaruwan; 09-07-2018 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: indentation
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
sandaruwan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330Xi  [0.00]
Seriously ! no one has any idea??
Appreciate 0