E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > door leak, carpet soaked, windows not working.

09-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
LaChewy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 n52 130k

door leak, carpet soaked, windows not working.

Hi all,

Got back from an 8 month trip where my car was supposedly being watched over. However, I get back and find out it's suffered from the common window to lower door leak, soaked carpets.

It sat with a puddle of water in front and back seat for months as car sitter neglected to put a tarp over it. I'm currently taking carpet out to dry and assess the situation.

THATS NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT, DONT WORRY:

THE ONE I NEED HELP WITH IS: None of the windows are working now? Is it possible that this is related to the water? Maybe electrical problems on floor wiring?

SOME INFO:

When I got to the car it was completely dead and required an ELV counter reset to get the wheel unlocked and moving. I had to tow it to dealership for the reset as it was sitting in friends driveway - no tools - no coding software - needed to move soon.

Before diagnosing the ELV Counter Issue (Thanks to this forum!)
I reset the key before trying to diagnosing further - ALL WINDOWS WENT DOWN (automatically as it does when reseting key) BUT WOULD NOT GO UP.

AFTER dealership ELV reset they said they were able to get windows up with their computer and one of the techs mumbled something about regulators.... which I feel like is an easy scape goat - however they shouldn't all go out at the same time. I left without asking too many questions because I begged them to go easy on me ($$) and they totally hooked me up. I was happy to get it moving and get out. In hindsight they were super cool and I probably should have dug in a little further.

SHORT VERSION:

All four windows will not go down - sun roof will not work EXCEPT FOR TILT - it'll tilt till the cows come home?

All other electronics seem to be working. Any insights guys?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
LaChewy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 n52 130k

Seriously nothing?
Appreciate 0