E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - Install BimmerLife Ignition Coils on E92 335i

08-09-2018, 02:59 AM   #23
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
Apparently Instagram is the way to get in contact with him
This is what he said when I asked what options are available to get the dodgy harness replaced

We have a couple options for current harness owners that would like to upgrade.
If you are wanting to upgrade the connectors we can do that on your existing harness if you send it in and that cost is only $50 plus shipping.
Or if you want to purchase a new v2 harness then we are offering a discounted price of $200.

So lets play that back shall we...... return your harness for them to replace their dodgy 3d printed connectors and pay $50 USD plus postage both ways for the privileged
or
Pay $200 USD plus postage for a new harness

BL cashes in early by putting out low quality parts and then wants customers to pay to replace them when they fail... nice

Im gonna start #BoycottBimmerLife
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 03:01 AM   #24
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
Apparently Instagram is the way to get in contact with him
This is what he said when I asked what options are available to get the dodgy harness replaced

We have a couple options for current harness owners that would like to upgrade.
If you are wanting to upgrade the connectors we can do that on your existing harness if you send it in and that cost is only $50 plus shipping.
Or if you want to purchase a new v2 harness then we are offering a discounted price of $200.
!!!!! F him and his mum! This is a warranty issue.
      10-25-2018, 02:19 AM   #25
ciscobrad
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I decided to make my own wiring harness for the Audi coils instead of paying for the bimmer life coil kit and so far all 6 coils are sparking and seem to work as they should. The problem I am currently having is that the coil on cylinder 6 keeps wanting to arc to itself instead of sending the spark to the end of the plug. I think this is in part due to me cheaping out and buying "audi replacement coils" off of amazon instead of getting the real deal. But the new audi connectors seem to be hooked up correctly to the bmw coil wiring as all 6 are producing spark. If needed for other users I can make a wiring diagram in case others are wanting to do the same. In the meantime I am going to continue troubleshooting the misfire/spark issues I am having and will update once all is well.
Appreciate 3
Socket4540.50
      11-03-2018, 02:40 AM   #26
N54Society
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

That's awesome Ciscobrad!

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: 5" Stepped FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP - MHD V7 E60 Tune running 100% E85 - VRSF DPs
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 03:57 AM   #27
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscobrad View Post
I decided to make my own wiring harness for the Audi coils instead of paying for the bimmer life coil kit and so far all 6 coils are sparking and seem to work as they should. The problem I am currently having is that the coil on cylinder 6 keeps wanting to arc to itself instead of sending the spark to the end of the plug. I think this is in part due to me cheaping out and buying "audi replacement coils" off of amazon instead of getting the real deal. But the new audi connectors seem to be hooked up correctly to the bmw coil wiring as all 6 are producing spark. If needed for other users I can make a wiring diagram in case others are wanting to do the same. In the meantime I am going to continue troubleshooting the misfire/spark issues I am having and will update once all is well.
Update please
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #28
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
do u have the diagram that you could share at all?
Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsport's Forge Conrods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Step-Up intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP upgraded fuel lines, Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, MHD Custom Wedge E70 Map, Split Second PI controller, BMS OCC, PRP Coil Kit, AR Design 3" Catless DP, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 06:49 AM   #29
MILLER335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 Dinan stage 3 335I

Be sure to read the thread at Spool to see how they do the mods to make the coils actually seat in the head. Un-modded they will not go down all the way!
      07-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #30
MILLER335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 Dinan stage 3 335I

Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji335i View Post
Hasn’t there been a revised BL harness? Which was made by Nelson Racing Wheels?
Yes the harness has been remade, much better quality and it lasts longer, more durable!
      07-26-2019, 07:50 AM   #31
jimmyzx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Quote:
new here ,great info can you send me the diagram on how you wire the coils i bought delphi r8 coils and pigtail now just need to figure out how to wire it
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 07:53 AM   #32
jimmyzx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

been looking online and any post that talks about installation of r8 coils and how to wire it just ends with no real answer ,does any one have a detail way to wire the r8 coils on a n54 using pigtails and would like to post please
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #33
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzx6 View Post
been looking online and any post that talks about installation of r8 coils and how to wire it just ends with no real answer ,does any one have a detail way to wire the r8 coils on a n54 using pigtails and would like to post please
I remember wanting to DIY myself and found a diagram on another forum
Google n54: r8 coils vs aftermarket n54 ignition coils? and the original poster was on page 4 his name was Xm-n54

If you make a harness of decent quality you can print money. Dont use the r8 coils though
We all know they dont fit lol

Hope this helps
      05-27-2022, 06:58 PM   #34
rpmaddict
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1

Resurrecting an old thread here. I purchased the bimmerlife harness - meaning they took my money a week ago and I've heard nothing from them since. I have emailed them 7 times with no response and sent messages through the app. Is this place crooked? No tracking number and now their website says they are out of stock. Sketchy man. Sketchy.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 07:26 AM   #35
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaddict View Post
Resurrecting an old thread here. I purchased the bimmerlife harness - meaning they took my money a week ago and I've heard nothing from them since. I have emailed them 7 times with no response and sent messages through the app. Is this place crooked? No tracking number and now their website says they are out of stock. Sketchy man. Sketchy.
No they are legit just slow and hopeless..... if you can get your money back, you can go with another aftermarket option
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 09:46 PM   #36
myultimatemachine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
DIY - Install Bimmerlife Ignition Coils

Pretty sure this DIY has been already done, but just in case someone is looking for it, ill just leave this here

Basically the BL ignition coils are plug and play. You will need to reflash your tune using MHD and select the bimmerlife coil option in the menu before you flash, otherwise is simply plug and play. No need to re-gap your spark plugs if you dont want to the BL coils will work fine.

You can of course re-gap your spark plugs, the gap setting will depend on your set up, boost levels and the kind of spark plugs you are using.
There is plenty of information on this on the forums

Basically just remove the stock ignition coils, install the BL coils and plug them in to the stock wiring (in order of course). Then you need to connect the positive and negative wires to points near the under bonnet battery terminal. Flash your MHD map with the bimmer life coil option ticked in the options menu and you are good to go.... takes about 20-30 mins. Removing the engine cowl make this much easier to do (doh)

Hope this helps someone
I'm pretty sure back in 2019 bimmerlife sent me the wrong coils which is why I've had misfires ever since. What is the part number for the coils themselves? They sent me: eldor 07k 905 715 g which are all black and had no metal sleeves on the rubber part of the coils. I appreciate your help if you still have the car and coils.

Thank you,
Jim
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 06:41 AM   #37
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by myultimatemachine View Post
I'm pretty sure back in 2019 bimmerlife sent me the wrong coils which is why I've had misfires ever since. What is the part number for the coils themselves? They sent me: eldor 07k 905 715 g which are all black and had no metal sleeves on the rubber part of the coils. I appreciate your help if you still have the car and coils.

Thank you,
Jim
Dont sound like the right coils mate
Here are links from my build thread re the bimmer life coils
Pretty sure they are just audi R8 coils, if you need the audi part number let me know, I think I have a box of them in the shed

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...80234&page=155

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...80234&page=180
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 10:26 AM   #38
myultimatemachine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Dont sound like the right coils mate
Here are links from my build thread re the bimmer life coils
Pretty sure they are just audi R8 coils, if you need the audi part number let me know, I think I have a box of them in the shed

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...80234&page=155

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...80234&page=180
I just checked out those threads and I'll definitely modify the coils. I would appreciate it if you could grab the part number off the box just to confirm I get something correct.

Googling audi r8 coils give me a lot of results such as: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-volkswagen-direct-ignition-coil-06e905115e-2
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-parts/ignition-coil-priced-each/06e905115f~bos/
But I would like to verify before spending money on more coils.

Thank you very much for your help.
-Jim
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 08:02 PM   #39
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by myultimatemachine View Post
I just checked out those threads and I'll definitely modify the coils. I would appreciate it if you could grab the part number off the box just to confirm I get something correct.

Googling audi r8 coils give me a lot of results such as: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...l-06e905115e-2
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-pa...6e905115f~bos/
But I would like to verify before spending money on more coils.

Thank you very much for your help.
-Jim
Here you go
A pic of the codes on the coil and a pic of the box they came in
Attached Images

Appreciate 0