E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Sat nav issues -- possible coding needed?

11-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 2008 220D

Sat nav issues -- possible coding needed?

Hi guys

My cic sat nav in my 2008 3 series e90 is greyed out. When accessing the hidden menu, all gps entries are blank. Both screenshots attached.

I asked a well know user gps underground and he said that my sat nav wasn't working and would need to be recoded again. So I sent my vin and purchased the pack.

Does this sound like it will work?

I failed at step 1. Which was to put a patch on a usb stick and plug it in after 30 seconds of turning the car on which in turn is meant to reboot the idrive and show a red screen when booting initially to see if it's possible to code? Stick is fat32 8gb and plugged into both usb in glove box and usb in armrest and nothing happened. Ha
ven't tried other sticks as yet.

I ordered a dcan cable off ebay and previously thought it was an antenna issues so.ordered a gps antenna with a fakr connection.

I've basically started from scratch with coding and have no idea at all where to start despite the instructions I received with the fsc recoding pack. Is there a guide for dummies someone can point me to?

I think I've downloaded all possible software and have a spare windows 7 laptop that is pretty quick to.load and use the software and attach cable to. Am I in need of anything else to get started? Eventually if/when sat nav is sorted,I'd like to do some coding for other stuff too and didn't know if there was a particular tool and set of commands for different coding.
Appreciate 0